Confirmed with Link: Deliberatore 2018 draftee signed to ELS

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Have to feel a trade or two is coming. They might sign Kruse as well.

Bischoff and maybe Leschyshyn could be the odd men out. Jones needs more ice time IMO and Cotter should see more time at C. Kallionkielli should be done quarantine too and deserves a look at C.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
That's a bunch of trade filler there. Martinez only guy with any NHL trade value and no way they move him. Nosek has a little value but once again better kept than moved. Maybe some of the AHL depth could be moved for younger AHL players or guys in different roles, but nothing that moves the needle really. O'Reagan deserves a shot somewhere, I'm sure non contending teams could find a bottom six role for him.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Vegas Golden Knights - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Pending RFAs: Couglan, Sikura, Dahlstrom

Pending UFAs: Nosek, Martinez, Dansk, Brown, Goulbourne, O'Reagan, Quinney, Duke, Jurco, Schuldt

Some space coming up to re-sign some of those guys, in addition to any prospects that get signed.

(Some of those pending UFAs might get traded if GMMcC makes any trades.)

I think they definitely offer Coghlan, Nosek, Martinez (maybe year to year from here).

I think they offer Sikura, Brown, Goulborne, O'REgan, Jurco, Schuldt.

I don't think they offer Dahlstrom, Dansk (Logan looks poised for #3), Duke.

I'm not sure on Quinney.

Seems like the only space that opens up is Nosek and Martinez on the big club. With a flat cap, this looks like more cap stress next year. If Nosek wants a raise at all, we'll have to let him go or trade off a veteran. I wonder if there is any leeway with Martinez to re-sign him at, say $3M.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Unclear from announcement if he'll play a "year" off his contract this spring, or if it starts next fall.

Because he was drafted in 2018 and it's a three year deal I'm pretty sure that it includes this season. If it started next season I think it could only be a two year deal, like Dugan was this year.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Not necessarily.

VGK at 48 active contracts allowed of 50 before this signing and Ahac, Hayes.

They can't all join Vegas on NHL contracts to burn contract year.

Possible to sign AHL deal for this season if they want to go pro this spring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad