Del/Del 2 2016-17 season

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Rosenheim. Still stuck in DEL 2 and probably for some more time.
Not a regular in the stadium anymore, the last couple of years i've attended about 10-15 games per season, more into NA hockey since i was a teen, so watching mediocre ECHL players as your star players isn't so entertaining. ;)

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
I'm going to follow the DEL more closely this year, but I don't speak German, so not sure how easy it will be.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Mostly I follow Eisbären Berlin, but aside from that I also keep an eye on the most talented young German players from all other teams. In particular I follow Dominik Kahun and Konrad Abeltshauser (both Red Bull München).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really enjoy watching the DEL, it's underrated hockey within the hockey world with a fantastic cult following. Can't really watch the full games, but the German highlights for the league are done at a fantastic level (now though they're switching from Servus tv). I follow particular players, but the team I normally root for the most is Red Bull Munchen, so I am stoked that they won the championship last year. But not very pleased considering how big the city of Munich is and how little they got in their celebration parade.

mkev400

Jul 21, 2016
Im following Mannheim! My first ever Ice Hockey Game that ive seen was with them in the Spengler Cup in the early 2000's and sort of stuck with them! Sad to see that Servus TV doesnt broadcast the DEL anymore. Im living outside Germany now and can't go to the arena, but Servus had live games and great highlights.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
I really enjoy watching the DEL, it's underrated hockey within the hockey world with a fantastic cult following. Can't really watch the full games, but the German highlights for the league are done at a fantastic level (now though they're switching from Servus tv). I follow particular players, but the team I normally root for the most is Red Bull Munchen, so I am stoked that they won the championship last year. But not very pleased considering how big the city of Munich is and how little they got in their celebration parade.

The cult following is what drew me to the league. But I'll agree, it's not as easy to watch games online as some of the other leagues

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
The cult following is what drew me to the league. But I'll agree, it's not as easy to watch games online as some of the other leagues

Telekom will broadcast every DEL game in the upcoming season, so it will be easy to watch for people in Germany. I'm assuming that won't work outside of Germany, but every game being broadcast usually leads to more "illegal" online streams as well.

mkev400

Jul 21, 2016
http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/channel/del-german-ice-hockey-league

Laola1.tv shows DEL games! This channel is one of the best for watching Ice Hockey

Eisbaren Berlin!

They don't anymore! They had the rights to broadcast the DEL games due to their association with ServusTV, which held the TV rights for 2 games a week (IIRC).
The rights were up for grabs this offseason and T-Mobile got them. They'll be streaming all of them on their channel package/online (dont know the logistics of it, as I dont live in Germany anymore) but it all comes as a pay to watch package. There will be select games on German freeTV still, but not by Laola1.tv or servus (both could be streamed internationally for free) but rather a german "sports channel" with the word sports loosely defined (most of it is call-in game shows)...

Also, before you argue that the next season is advertised, the 22nd season was the season just passed (2015/2016) ;)... Its still a good website to catch a KHL game for free though!

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
They don't anymore! They had the rights to broadcast the DEL games due to their association with ServusTV, which held the TV rights for 2 games a week (IIRC).
The rights were up for grabs this offseason and T-Mobile got them. They'll be streaming all of them on their channel package/online (dont know the logistics of it, as I dont live in Germany anymore) but it all comes as a pay to watch package. There will be select games on German freeTV still, but not by Laola1.tv or servus (both could be streamed internationally for free) but rather a german "sports channel" with the word sports loosely defined (most of it is call-in game shows)...

Also, before you argue that the next season is advertised, the 22nd season was the season just passed (2015/2016) ;)... Its still a good website to catch a KHL game for free though!

I was thinking it was up, but then looking on the DEL.org it still has Laola1 everywhere so I thought we are ok! Unfortunetly not then :shakehead

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
Since my team, the Preussen Berlin/Berlin Capitals, went bancrupt several times, I am out of DEL hockey games.

I probably will visit the Oberliga next year more often. :D

mkev400

Jul 21, 2016
I was thinking it was up, but then looking on the DEL.org it still has Laola1 everywhere so I thought we are ok! Unfortunetly not then :shakehead

Laola1 are a media company. Part of their portfolio is web streaming, such as the KHL, but another media branch is website design, hence their logo on the site.
If you look on the right side of the Main banner on the website you see the Leagues premium partners, one of which is "Telekom Eishockey", which as of the coming season will hold the broadcasting rights. Laola might still put together the game highlights for the DEL webpage. At least thats what Im hoping for

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I can't watch games but follow live scores, especially of Dusseldorf. I have no time for DEL since my priority (well, it's something more than priority for me) is KHL, nor are there streams available in my country which are legal & in good condition, without lags and stuff.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I can't watch games but follow live scores, especially of Dusseldorf. I have no time for DEL since my priority (well, it's something more than priority for me) is KHL, nor are there streams available in my country which are legal & in good condition, without lags and stuff.

KHL is life :bow:

Will D Telekom be offering any kind of pay per view for us outsiders does anybody know?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
KHL is life :bow:

Will D Telekom be offering any kind of pay per view for us outsiders does anybody know?

Not as far as I know.
I believe they are offering either a one year subscription for 9,95 € per month or alternatively a subscription for 16,95 € per month that can be cancelled every month.
This is for non-customers. However I don't know how things work for people outside of Germany. These offers may not apply in those cases.

Sniper45

Jul 29, 2011
Adler Mannheim, will try to attend a few games this year, pretty excited to take in a DEL game live, I heard the atmosphere is much different than the states!

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
To get to the question, I kind of stopped following the league when Duisburg went bankrupt a while ago. Sporadically checked what's going on but didn't really follow the league. That changed last season when I had a season press pass in Dusseldorf. Don't have time for it anymore, but I'll still follow the team and the DEL in general on TV. I'll be at a lot to of junior games instead this season (DNL), which should be exciting.

Zamboni Parade

Mar 12, 2014
Germany
Not sure, I followed Hamburg for years but with them gone I haven't really got a team. My current plan is to root for whoever happens to play against Iserlohn that day lol.
I'll catch some free tv games for sure but won't follow the league as closely as I did. My biggest interest is the NHL anyway so with the Sabres on the upswing I might just try to catch more of their games if time permits, and the odd Jokerit KHL game too.
There are also a couple DEL2 teams nearby to get some live games in, plus a drive down to Mannheim doesn't take too long if I want to watch a game that's not played in a shed ;)

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Just in case anybody is interested here is the list of games that will be broadcasted by Sport1 on TV or as live stream on sport1.de up until January 7th:

16.09.2016 - 19:30 Uhr Kölner Haie - EHC Red Bull München
18.09.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Düsseldorfer EG - Eisbären Berlin
25.09.2016 - 16:30 Uhr EHC Red Bull München - Augsburger Panther
02.10.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Schwenninger Wild Wings - Adler Mannheim
03.10.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Kölner Haie - Straubing Tigers
09.10.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Augsburger Panther - ERC Ingolstadt
16.10.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Krefeld Pinguine - Düsseldorfer EG
23.10.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Eisbären Berlin - Adler Mannheim
30.10.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Iserlohn Roosters - Düsseldorfer EG
13.11.2016 - 16:30 Uhr ERC Ingolstadt - EHC Red Bull München
20.11.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Düsseldorfer EG - Kölner Haie
27.11.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers - EHC Red Bull München
04.12.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Eisbären Berlin - Pinguins Bremerhaven
11.12.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Grizzlys Wolfsburg - EHC Red Bull München
18.12.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Kölner Haie - Düsseldorfer EG
26.12.2016 - 16:30 Uhr Schwenninger Wild Wings - Grizzlys Wolfsburg
06.01.2017 - 19:30 Uhr Eisbären Berlin - Kölner Haie
07.01.2017 - 16:30 Uhr Schwenninger Wild Wings - Adler Mannheim (Winter Game)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->