Dekes

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
Here's a move I like to do quite a bit. Hold the puck out a far distance from your body and as soon as the defenseman fishes for it, quickly pull it around him and go for gold. This is a clip of me in the midget AAA allstar game a couple months back.

http://media.putfile.com/11-Dangles

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
tcooke said:
Here's a move I like to do quite a bit. Hold the puck out a far distance from your body and as soon as the defenseman fishes for it, quickly pull it around him and go for gold. This is a clip of me in the midget AAA allstar game a couple months back.

Thats my best move as well, I can pretty much get around the guy 4 outta 5 times with it. I usually come in average speed on the guy (if i can) and then accelerate real fast around the guy when doing the deke, its a good move if you have good speed.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
tcooke said:

Thanks! I've always trie dthat move but it never seemed to work for me and now i know why. I never wait for the defenseman to commit like you said, before moving it quickly to the other side.

Thomas Vanek dazzle's me with the dangle :clap:

Good Job BTW!

Tuff Gong

Nov 6, 2005
Kelowna
well its not jaun on jaun but when your on a break away theres a nifty move that a very talented player named Charlie Conway tried, it's called the triple deke.
theres a video floating around that has the move on it, Mighty Ducks perhaps.

afterhours

Jan 13, 2006
tcooke said:

That is a very basic and effective move. Great recommendation. You could also vary it up by doing a quick in and out move going the opposite direction if you feel the defenseman has caught on to the 1st move.

The key really is to make the defenseman come to you, unless you have blazing speed.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
tcooke said:

Nice move.

I usually do a varation of that where I finish it with a small deke and cut to the inside then drive to the net.

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
I was coming in on my off wing and the defenseman was playing me to the outside so I couldn't cut in. It's a shame I didn't score and I might have had I cut to the front of the net.

Oh well, you don't get enough time to think about that kinda stuff and the goalie made an excellent save on a shot that was going top shelf.

I play midget AAA with the Cumberland Bombers in Nova Scotia. I even got to play against Crosby 3 years back.

Tuff Gong

Nov 6, 2005
Kelowna
tcooke said:
I play midget AAA with the Cumberland Bombers in Nova Scotia. I even got to play against Crosby 3 years back.
Nice, I played Midget AAA in Kelowna a few years back, played against Phaneuf when I was playin bantam AAA.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
A personal favourite move of mine is to skate in with average-above average speed. When the d-man's got you lined up do a head/body fake as if you mean to chip it by him, if he reacts to that then accelerate past him as he recovers from your fake.

felixno44

Jul 5, 2005
surrey, bc
this whole head and shoulderfake thing somehow doesn´t work for me. everytime i do it, our goalie looks pretty bored and makes the save. i just can´t get him to move in the direction i´m faking.
can someone explain how to do it ?? thanks

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
44_bertuzzi_44 said:
Websites that have free Videos ?

You should really watch some of the sample videos. Sean Skinner does some nice moves. As for finding step-by-step instructions on deking, I don't know if there are any sites with that. You're better off just practicing with your friends in pickup games, that way if you're trying all this fancy stuff and get the puck taken away from you people won't get too mad because it's not a league game.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
Hmm..yeah i watched the Skinner preview and it was good, but i have to pay money to see the rest!

I am quite surprised there is no website like this.. ohwell.

colton23

Sep 10, 2006
Yah me and my freind play around and i started messing aroung with him by shooting it between my legs around him and then catch it on the back hand. He got used to it and stopped it a few times. Then i pulled it between my legs and pulled it right back out . it keeps the puck protected and the d man doesnt know what hit em

Last edited:

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
Goalies arent going to be looking at your face or shoulders. Those types of Fakes arent very successful for the tier I goalies. Your better off with stick work on dekeing a goalie.

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
i'mmm sooo improv, i try to draw guys in very close then just tap it around them, or fake a toedrag through there legs or whatever...i think i have some prety sick dangles tho, ive dangled some OHL defensemen.

MC64

May 5, 2006
Try the hockey hall of fame website and downlaod some media clips of Mario or Denis Savard, or for now try the UTUBE site for video tributes to Yzerman. In their prime they did some pretty crazy stuff while beating NHL D one on one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad