Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev88

Co-Founder of LaPasserelle
Nov 30, 2003
Canada
www.lapasserellehockey.com
These are the best d-men of the draft:

Cam Barker: 2 way defenseman: More into the offensive game. The best all around defenseman in his age group. Big and physical with great mobility. Confident with and without the puck, showed great maturity. Sees the ice well, makes a good first pass or can carry the puck out of the defensive zone. Makes sound decisions under pressure. Stands up at the blueline forcing the play - confidence in his mobility. Closes his man out well and finishes his checks. He's a hard guy to play against, he’s strong in the corners and in front of the his net. Put up amazing numbers for a 16 year old dman in the dub. Has good size. I see him as a better all around Seabrooke. At 6-foot-3, 212 pounds, Barker has the size that teams like in a defenseman. He has better than average offensive skills. He hits, he has great positional play, he is very strong on the ice, is able to take guys out with ease, he has very soft hands for a big guy and is very poised and calm when bringing the puck down the ice, has great passing ability and a good shot from the point, creates alot of offense and is able to pinch in once in awhile for some help in the offensive end. This guy was very very impressive for me as he is the complete package on defense

Wes O'Neill: Offensive defenseman: A Phenomenal defenseman with tons of potential. Excellent skater with long smooth strides. Excellent mobility and agility for a player with his size. Stands up at the blueline forcing the play - confidence in his mobility. Has his head on a swivel in his zone - reads the play well. Able to QB a Power-play effectively, makes good decisions with the puck. Jumps into the play – good offensive instincts. Doesn't panic under pressure. Needs to bulk up and add muscle in order to improve his physical play.

Andrej Meszaros: Offensive defenseman: Has elite passing skills, good lateral mobility and agility. Excellent skater with smooth strides. Stands up at the blueline forcing the play. Has his head on a swivel in his zone - reads the play well. Able to QB a Power-play effectively, makes good decisions with the puck. Jumps into the play – good offensive instincts. Doesn't panic under pressure. Needs to bulk up and add muscle in order to improve his physical play.

Ladislav Smid: Defensive defenseman: Ladislav shows signs of a reliable stay-at-home defenseman who takes pride in his sound positional play. He has to further develop his lateral movement, but else he is a solid skater with a good stability. Ladislav is calm guy who can play under pressure well and isoften on the ice in important situations. He isn't very physical but he can only rarely be caught off position. Smid doesn't support offense very much, his offensive upside seems to be limited. But mistake-free defensemen are a welcomed addition to every team.

I'm searching for Kirill Lyamin that I could have put in this list. So if you know something about him it would be appreciated :p

Last edited:

Takkie

I Goc ya nose!
Jun 29, 2003
Florida
Visit site
Hokay said:
These are the best d-men of the draft:

Cam Barker: 2 way defenseman: More into the offensive game. The best all around defenseman in his age group. Big and physical with great mobility. Confident with and without the puck, showed great maturity. Sees the ice well, makes a good first pass or can carry the puck out of the defensive zone. Makes sound decisions under pressure. Stands up at the blueline forcing the play - confidence in his mobility. Closes his man out well and finishes his checks. He's a hard guy to play against, he’s strong in the corners and in front of the his net. Put up amazing numbers for a 16 year old dman in the dub. Has good size. I see him as a better all around Seabrooke. At 6-foot-3, 212 pounds, Barker has the size that teams like in a defenseman. He has better than average offensive skills. He hits, he has great positional play, he is very strong on the ice, is able to take guys out with ease, he has very soft hands for a big guy and is very poised and calm when bringing the puck down the ice, has great passing ability and a good shot from the point, creates alot of offense and is able to pinch in once in awhile for some help in the offensive end. This guy was very very impressive for me as he is the complete package on defense

Wes O'Neill: Offensive defenseman: A Phenomenal defenseman with tons of potential. Excellent skater with long smooth strides. Excellent mobility and agility for a player with his size. Stands up at the blueline forcing the play - confidence in his mobility. Has his head on a swivel in his zone - reads the play well. Able to QB a Power-play effectively, makes good decisions with the puck. Jumps into the play – good offensive instincts. Doesn't panic under pressure. Needs to bulk up and add muscle in order to improve his physical play.

Andrej Meszaros: Offensive defenseman: Has elite passing skills, good lateral mobility and agility. Excellent skater with smooth strides. Stands up at the blueline forcing the play. Has his head on a swivel in his zone - reads the play well. Able to QB a Power-play effectively, makes good decisions with the puck. Jumps into the play – good offensive instincts. Doesn't panic under pressure. Needs to bulk up and add muscle in order to improve his physical play.

Ladislav Smid: Defensive defenseman: Ladislav shows signs of a reliable stay-at-home defenseman who takes pride in his sound positional play. He has to further develop his lateral movement, but else he is a solid skater with a good stability. Ladislav is calm guy who can play under pressure well and isoften on the ice in important situations. He isn't very physical but he can only rarely be caught off position. Smid doesn't support offense very much, his offensive upside seems to be limited. But mistake-free defensemen are a welcomed addition to every team.

I'm searching for Kirill Lyamin that I could have put in this list. So if you know something about him it would be appreciated :p
are these all probable first round picks? or could some of them drop to the second, specifically Ladislav Smid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad