Line Combos: Defenseman on 1st Powerplay Unit

ML67

Apr 3, 2010
Toronto
Greetings Oilers Fans - must say, I like the way your team is looking this year! Good mix of skill and toughness!

My fantasy draft is tomorrow and I'll be gunning for players on the Oilers top PP unit. Any idea on who the top PP unit defenseman will be? Daily faceoff lists Sekera, but I would've thought Klefbom or Russell. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers and good luck for the season!

It'll be Sekera for sure. Klefbom-Larsson are locked to get the tough EV matchups/PK and Russell will probably be 2nd unit on both special teams.

We'll need to apportion out the minutes and ensure guys aren't fatigued, given that we don't have an established top-pairing D anywhere in the org.

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
I think Klefbom is poised for a huge offensive season. He's been taking charge offensively and is looking ready to break out. Would be a good pickup, IMO.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
Greetings Oilers Fans - must say, I like the way your team is looking this year! Good mix of skill and toughness!

My fantasy draft is tomorrow and I'll be gunning for players on the Oilers top PP unit. Any idea on who the top PP unit defenseman will be? Daily faceoff lists Sekera, but I would've thought Klefbom or Russell. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers and good luck for the season!

it's really a mystery who plays where, i would say longterm likely Klefbom is the best but who knows what the coaching staff will do, likely a bunch of guys get their chances on the top unit

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Honestly wouldn't know. There is no one consensus guy that is a lock. Take your pick out of about 3-4 guys and live with it and hope.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Honestly wouldn't know. There is no one consensus guy that is a lock. Take your pick out of about 3-4 guys and live with it and hope. And because we don't have a bonafide PP quarterback, it will cost us some games.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
KlefBOM and Davidson probably have the best point shots. I'd really love to see one of them be able to develop it into a real PP weapon. Preferably KlefBOM as he is signed long term already.

My phone auto corrects klefbom to KlefBOM

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Klefbom and Russell. Russell's got a great shot, great passing ability... Limit his minutes EV and maximize them on the PP/PK. Allow players like Sekera and Davidson maximum time on EV

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Sekera has been the guy all throughout camp. And wil be the guy to start the season, anyone who says otherwise is in there own little world.Russell definitely won't get PP time so don't even think about it.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
If you're looking strictly to pick the Dman who will score the most points I would definitely go with Klefbom. He's a sleeper, and if he stays healthy all year he's poised to have a 35-40 point season.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
it should be Klef or Larsson as the d-core is built around them. Grind it out until the experiment doesn't work. Then move onto the next D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad