2008:

Mike Cichy
Phil MacRae
AJ Jenks
Ryan Hayes

This program is looking great

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I have no doubts that USA will be a better team in 2010, but I think that considering them the favorite is taking it a little too far.

Informative article though.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
What would the potential USA Team look like in Vancouver 2010 Olympics..

This seem right...

Zach Parise
Dustin Brown
Ryan Kesler
Erik Cole
Scott Gomez
Phil Kessel
Chris Drury
Mark Parrish
Chris Higgins
Brian Gionta
Bobby Ryan
Jeff Halpern
Drew Stafford
RJ Umberger

Ryan Suter
Brian Rafalski
Jordan Leopold
Jack Johnson
Paul Martin
Tim Gleason
J-M Liles
Bryan Berard

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
therealdeal said:
I have no doubts that USA will be a better team in 2010, but I think that considering them the favorite is taking it a little too far.

Informative article though.

They will be better than 06, count on that. The 87 and 88 U.S. born class is right on par with that of Canada. I am not so sure about the 89 class though, as I think American talent begins to thin out. We have no Tavares or Esposito's in the pipeline.

I agree with you though, considering how young Canada's star players are and who they have coming up, Canada will be considered the favorite for a long time to come.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Good article, the talent development should keep the Canada vs. USA rivalry going into the future. However, considering just the superstar centers Canada (all currently playing the NHL and that will be in 32 or less) will have in 2010, I also think that calling USA the favorite is a little premature.

Thornton
Lecavalier
B Richards
Marleau
Spezza
Crosby
Staal

Fists of Fuhry

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
Herby said:

This seem right...

Zach Parise
Dustin Brown
Ryan Kesler
Erik Cole
Scott Gomez
Phil Kessel
Chris Drury
Mark Parrish
Chris Higgins
Brian Gionta
Bobby Ryan
Jeff Halpern
Drew Stafford
RJ Umberger

Ryan Suter
Brian Rafalski
Jordan Leopold
Jack Johnson
Paul Martin
Tim Gleason
J-M Liles
Bryan Berard

What no Schremp?? :dunno:

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Frank the Tank said:
Good article, the talent development should keep the Canada vs. USA rivalry going into the future. However, considering just the superstar centers Canada (all currently playing the NHL and that will be in 32 or less) will have in 2010, I also think that calling USA the favorite is a little premature.

Thornton
Lecavalier
B Richards
Marleau
Spezza
Crosby
Staal

Don't forget Nash, Horton, Heatley,Luongo, St Louis, Jason Williams (playing a lot better) and Gagne.

Canada will be the favourites for the 2010 Olympics *for sure*. However, these games are played on the ice and the US will definately be fielding a more competitive team.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
Hooter said:
It's just American media hyping American players.

Wait a second. Even though USA today is about as fluff as a paper can get, what part of the article was hype(Fabrication)?

It wasn't as if he pulled some players names out of his butt. These are all players that even Canadian publications has at potential top ten picks.

It is funny though that a Canadian would say something like that. Must not read your own countries papers.

Hooter

Apr 27, 2005
That was a comment made in the Toews thread regarding Canadian media and Canadian players, surely I can do the same in this thread just replacing Canadian with American.

OilerOlli*

As a german I say you both have great prospects, USA and Canada ;)
But Canada has the better Prospects for sure. Staal, Nash, Heatley, Crosby are amazing and already superstars. I dont know if Players like Parise or Ryan will become such good Players like them.

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
Herby said:

This seem right...

Zach Parise
Dustin Brown
Ryan Kesler
Erik Cole
Scott Gomez
Phil Kessel
Chris Drury
Mark Parrish
Chris Higgins
Brian Gionta
Bobby Ryan
Jeff Halpern
Drew Stafford
RJ Umberger

Ryan Suter
Brian Rafalski
Jordan Leopold
Jack Johnson
Paul Martin
Tim Gleason
J-M Liles
Bryan Berard
Ryan Whitney could definitely be there, too.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I think E. Johnson and Ballard should make a push for the team as well. Johnson will be young but if he pans out and moves quickly he will be hard to pass up.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
VOB said:
They will be better than 06, count on that. The 87 and 88 U.S. born class is right on par with that of Canada. I am not so sure about the 89 class though, as I think American talent begins to thin out. We have no Tavares or Esposito's in the pipeline.

I agree with you though, considering how young Canada's star players are and who they have coming up, Canada will be considered the favorite for a long time to come.

Theres some good young players at the 89-91 levels, but maybe not on par with canada, but theres still time

jimmy o'brien - 89
nick petrecki - 89
tristin llewelyn - 89
kevin shattenkirk - 89
mike hoeffel - 89
phil mcrae - 90
mitch wahl - 90
jordan schroeder - 90
brett kostolansky - 90
kevin bodker - 90
jeremy morin - 91
sam calabrese - 91
john henrion - 91
ben hughes - 91

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Herby said:

This seem right...

Zach Parise
Dustin Brown
Ryan Kesler
Erik Cole
Scott Gomez
Phil Kessel
Chris Drury
Mark Parrish
Chris Higgins
Brian Gionta
Bobby Ryan
Jeff Halpern
Drew Stafford
RJ Umberger

Ryan Suter
Brian Rafalski
Jordan Leopold
Jack Johnson
Paul Martin
Tim Gleason
J-M Liles
Bryan Berard

add schremp and possibly legwand and connolly (they might end up playing to their projection in the next 4 yrs). you also never know how good guys like mueller, wheeler, o'sullivan, etc who could also have a shot. 2010 is a long time.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
Hooter said:
That was a comment made in the Toews thread regarding Canadian media and Canadian players, surely I can do the same in this thread just replacing Canadian with American.

Yes I read the same thing in the Toews thread as well and you of couse can say that if you want to look as stupid as that poster did for saying it.
So if you read that comment and said to yourself "That's a stupid comment" and you still felt the need to post the same thing here, what does that make you?

I expect Canandian papers to write about Canadian players, US papers to write about US players and so on

Hooter

Apr 27, 2005
RedWingFan said:
So if you read that comment and said to yourself "That's a stupid comment" and you still felt the need to post the same thing here, what does that make you?

That makes me someone who is willing to point out to those who like to crticize the Canadian media for "hyping Canadian players", that this thread is a good example of it working both ways. That if the Canadian media is in fact guilty of hyping its own players, they are no more guilty then this here member of the American media. If Canadians should have to put up with those kinds of comments, no reason why Americans shouldn't have to put up with them as well. I'm doing my part in making this board one of equality. No need to cry about it. :cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad