Post-Game Talk: Dec 19, 2015 @ 1:00PM MST - Flames vs Blues, So Close Yet So Far...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Using that logic, might as well throw Engelland and Smid out there.

As I mentioned, Colborne and Russell being on the PP is nothing new and both of them have been a good part of the reason why nothing works on the pp. Of course, just removing them won't fix everything because some of the issues are very much systemic.
Did you know that sometimes different combinations of players can produce a different outcome? Weird I know! But Gaudreau is not who they were playing with on the 2nd PP unit, that change can make all the difference in the world and we saw them starting to mesh today. It's like when Dean McAmmond played with Iginla and Conroy, was he a top line talent? No, he probably wasn't even top 6 talent; but he meshed with them and they were successful. Just like putting Jones on the top line over Hudler has been a good move despite Hudler being the better player.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Hey all Sabres fan here. Sorry for the loss, just wondering if Ramo will get the start tomorrow or Hiller since its back to back? Thanks!

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Sabres fan with fantasy question. I drafted Hudler pretty early and hes having a bad season so far. What are my worries? will be bounce back? is he a victim of minutes? before this game he was getting 14 mins. He's been incredibly ineffective for me. Should I see a trade as soon as he puts up some numbers or should I continue to ride with him? knowing he may bounce back.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Sabres fan with fantasy question. I drafted Hudler pretty early and hes having a bad season so far. What are my worries? will be bounce back? is he a victim of minutes? before this game he was getting 14 mins. He's been incredibly ineffective for me. Should I see a trade as soon as he puts up some numbers or should I continue to ride with him? knowing he may bounce back.

Yeah you shouldn’t have done that. Trade him.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
There was a game?!?!

giphy.gif

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It depends on what type of league it is, if it's a keeper league I'd hold onto him and wait for a hot streak before trying to move him. If it's not a keeper league, I'd deal him now for a serviceable piece. Huds is good, and has tons of skill, but he had a career year last year playing on one of the most productive lines in the league. This year, he's on pace for what, 50ish points? So it's more his norm. I think he is better than what he's shown this year and he could turn it around, but so far he's struggled.

May the force be with you!

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Did you know that sometimes different combinations of players can produce a different outcome? Weird I know! But Gaudreau is not who they were playing with on the 2nd PP unit, that change can make all the difference in the world and we saw them starting to mesh today. It's like when Dean McAmmond played with Iginla and Conroy, was he a top line talent? No, he probably wasn't even top 6 talent; but he meshed with them and they were successful. Just like putting Jones on the top line over Hudler has been a good move despite Hudler being the better player.
The PP was only good when Ferland stepped on the ice. Anything other that was just the score effect (first powerplay happened after the blues were up 2-0).

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Raymond: 4:34 PP time. Colborne: 3:55 PP time.
Sam Bennett, 4th ov pick and the future of the team, not to mention far more skilled then either guys: 0:00 PP time.

In addition to that, Russell led the d men in PP time.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Raymond: 4:34 PP time. Colborne: 3:55 PP time.
Sam Bennett, 4th ov pick and the future of the team, not to mention far more skilled then either guys: 0:00 PP time.

In addition to that, Russell led the d men in PP time.

And yet, questioning the coaching tactics of the 30th ranked powerplay and 30th ranked penalty killing is out of line. :laugh:

If Colborne and Raymond (and Russell, I guess) aren't being showcased (and honestly, I can't see why they would be) then Hartley's got some explaining to do. Maybe the Jack Adams went to his head.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
And yet, questioning the coaching tactics of the 30th ranked powerplay and 30th ranked penalty killing is out of line. :laugh:

If Colborne and Raymond (and Russell, I guess) aren't being showcased (and honestly, I can't see why they would be) then Hartley's got some explaining to do. Maybe the Jack Adams went to his head.

Yup, God forbid questioning the 10% power play. Funny how people will bend over backwards to defend truly horrific special teams results.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Yup, God forbid questioning the 10% power play. Funny how people will bend over backwards to defend truly horrific special teams results.

I defended the coaches decision in ONE GAME, not for the whole season but for ONE GAME. A game in which the powerplay did not look terrible. But keep ignore facts

Last edited by a moderator:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The PP is a joke; I liked that Ferly gave it a boost. That kid is getting more and more confident, can't wait until he puts it together and plays with some good players.

Something has to give.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad