Speculation: Debrusk

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I am still pretty surprised that Debrusk's name is still in the rumor mill. Now I don't personally expect him to actually be moved and I am sure others would agree.

However, I wanted to make a thread based on the assumption that he IS MOVED. If a deal like this were to happen, where does everyone think he could go, what type of return would Bos be looking for and what reasons could justify doing so?

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Heard a Boston radio guy say that their management was getting sick of his inconsistency.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Heard a Boston radio guy say that their management was getting sick of his inconsistency.

Fluto in the Athletic:

Teams are not quick to get rid of potential 40-goal scorers. The Bruins are unlikely to deal the 23-year-old because of their lack of 5-on-5 offense. It would have to be for a left-shot defenseman of a similar age and upside.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Fluto in the Athletic:

Teams are not quick to get rid of potential 40-goal scorers. The Bruins are unlikely to deal the 23-year-old because of their lack of 5-on-5 offense. It would have to be for a left-shot defenseman of a similar age and upside.
Why does a potential trade have to be a player of similar age and upside?
Boston is rumored (at least around here) to have an interest in OEL

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It’s hard to say because the Bruins moving him isn’t on an island.

Are they moving him because they brought in another LW like Hall and figure it’s better to move DeBrusk than play him on 3rd line?

Are they moving him because contract negotiations are at an impasse? He has no arbitration rights so all signs point to short bridge, but maybe (like with Hamilton) DeBrusk doesn’t want to be in Boston for some reason?

The Bruins think DeBrusk has another level. He is very inconsistent. I just don’t think the Bruins move him unless another move happens first, and that other move controls how much salary is can be coming back to Boston and how aggressive Boston is in wanting to move DeBrusk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad