Deals and Steals 2

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Is this really what Prime Day is all about? Was pretty stoked for it being a member this year but all I see is random deals on a bunch of odd items in every department. I literally see better deals in the weekly flyers that fill the mailbox.

Moving in month I was ready to clean up on household items nothing.

No, it's pretty much this. I think it exists to get rid of odds and ends in their warehouses, and to push Amazon services.

Got a Amazon basics 6 port USB charger and a Seiko automatic watch, the watch was about 30% off, the charger was about 25% off.

Biggest savings was a 23 and me ancestry kit for half off ($50). The most expensive thing I bought was a Lowepro camera bag, but that wasn't on sale, but it will be here Thursday.

The only thing I do with prime, is use the free trial, and then cancel it, the selection of videos is too similar to Netflix, and I already have GPM/YT Red, and with Amazon, you're having to pay more for additional music now as well.

And for $30, I get BB's gamer's club for 2 years, and that's been great. Paid for itself.

The 2 day shipping honestly isn't that big of a draw, not that impatient that I can't wait a week.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Prime Day sucks. Waited for Prime Day to buy 2 items. Both went UP in price. One by $15, the other by $50. Customer service offered me $10 off to offset for the $65 (pre tax) price increase. Thanks but no thanks, Amazon. :(

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Prime Day sucks. Waited for Prime Day to buy 2 items. Both went UP in price. One by $15, the other by $50. Customer service offered me $10 off to offset for the $65 (pre tax) price increase. Thanks but no thanks, Amazon. :(

Waited for Prime Day to buy one item (hard drive), nabbed the 8 TB Seagate.

Also got roped into buying a Hue light system as a gift given it's sale price and one kitchen knife that was $30 below its usual price. I almost bought the entire set which was $70 off. Dalstrong knives aren't usually on sale and are great quality for the price.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
For Amazon shoppers, be sure to use camelcamelcamel.com to do price checking and set up price alerts. It's a super handy and valuable tool. Getting tweets when items on your list drop in price is the best.

Also got roped into buying a Hue light system as a gift given it's sale price and one kitchen knife that was $30 below its usual price. I almost bought the entire set which was $70 off. Dalstrong knives aren't usually on sale and are great quality for the price.

Nice - glad it worked out for ya.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn

I almost bought that knife. Had it in my cart and forgot about it then the deal expired.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
If you like shooters, Titanfall 2 is honestly great.

I particularly enjoyed the campaign.
I'm having fun with the Campaign so far, but its makes sense that this development team cut their teeth making Cod. Its very Cod like in how on rails the experience is imo. I'm not far though, only about an hour in.

EDIT: Liking the game a lot more, lots of interesting platforming puzzles and constantly switching up the gameplay.

Last edited:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Jesus, a 66.52GB download lol. Looking forward to this though. Found Titanfall1 really fun, but also got bored of it super quick.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I personally liked Titanfall 1 a lot more. 2 is no slouch but T1 is my jam. I hate the new system of having the weapons locked to certain titans. T1 was great in that you had a small fast titan with low health, a well rounded titan and a big slow titan with lots of health. You could put any weapon / ability combo on each. I miss that a lot.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'm having fun with the Campaign so far, but its makes sense that this development team cut their teeth making Cod. Its very Cod like in how on rails the experience is imo. I'm not far though, only about an hour in.

EDIT: Liking the game a lot more, lots of interesting platforming puzzles and constantly switching up the gameplay.

It gets better as it goes for sure. I just wish there was more of it, because I really enjoyed it.

I personally liked Titanfall 1 a lot more. 2 is no slouch but T1 is my jam. I hate the new system of having the weapons locked to certain titans. T1 was great in that you had a small fast titan with low health, a well rounded titan and a big slow titan with lots of health. You could put any weapon / ability combo on each. I miss that a lot.

I actually find I enjoyed the original's multiplayer a little more as well for some reason, although I did like some of the improvements made in the sequel (personal customization, new weapons & gadgets, etc.)

Where the sequel really stands out is the inclusion of the very good single player campaign, although I think the multiplayer "campaign" is part of the reason I enjoyed the original's multiplayer. It was silly as far as story modes go, but it provided a bit more atmosphere to the online matches.

Titanfall 2's major downfall for me was the complete and utter lack of a player base (at least on PC), which was such a shame for a good game. Hopefully its inclusion in Origin Access helps.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I actually find I enjoyed the original's multiplayer a little more as well for some reason, although I did like some of the improvements made in the sequel (personal customization, new weapons & gadgets, etc.)

Where the sequel really stands out is the inclusion of the very good single player campaign, although I think the multiplayer "campaign" is part of the reason I enjoyed the original's multiplayer. It was silly as far as story modes go, but it provided a bit more atmosphere to the online matches.

Titanfall 2's major downfall for me was the complete and utter lack of a player base (at least on PC), which was such a shame for a good game. Hopefully its inclusion in Origin Access helps.

What's funny to me, I thought I would love a single player Titanfall. Turns out I didn't like it at all. First off I hated the voice acting. Then the single player just felt kind of forced to me. Like they had to make it. Lastly it totally stole the atmosphere the original had. To me, T1 felt almost like Firefly / Serenity. The music, the feel of the game... everything. T2 felt more like a newer Terminator movie (ironically enough) or Jurassic Park or even Transformers movie. Just too much blockbuster-ness. Again, not a bad game - in fact I love T2. Just didn't like the campaign and it took away a lot of the mystique T1 had in my opinion. I kind of enjoyed filling in the gaps of the "story" myself with T1.

Well I didn't play T2 on PC at all until yesterday so you can count me as a PC player for it now :)

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Not sure where to post this so I'm going to put it here and the Fallout thread: Newegg has both the game and the season pass one sale for half off (well, 40% for the summer pass, IE all the DLC).

I've been wanting to get this for PC real bad recently (played on PS4 but built a rig around xmas) but couldn't get myself to pay 40 for the game + 50/60 for the DLC summer pass (most of which wasn't that great IMO). But $45 for the whole thing is a pretty solid deal:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...136086&cm_re=fallout_4-_-32-136-086-_-Product

Season pass:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16832136087

If you are a newegg member and have the promo code take another 15% off of that and drive it under 40.

This is for the download only and requires Steam from what I can tell (doing it tomorrow).

Sale ends Monday

Last edited:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Lenovo L24q 23.8" 1440p 60hz 4ms IPS monitor

(USA) $150 USD w/ free shipping: http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/access...-8-QHD-MonitorHDMI+DP/p/65D2GCC3US#65D2GCC3US

(CANADA) $200 CAD w/ free shipping: http://www3.lenovo.com/ca/en/corpep.../L24q-20-23-8-QHD-MonitorHDMI+DP/p/65D2GCC3US

65D2GCC3US-PDP-main.jpg

Notes
- not VESA mountable
- no built-in speakers
- no DVI
- some people have problems with it forgetting brightness/color settings every time you turn it off, but others have reported that the problem goes away after a week to a month
- the thin stand makes it wobbly
- doesn't tilt much

Looks like a good sale for a budget 1440p IPS monitor. Normal price is $200 USD/$270 CAD.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Are there ever deals for PSN Wallet funds? Or gift cards, etc? I'm hoping to get a deal on wallet funds sometime between now and December... maybe Black Friday or something.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Gold members on Xbox can access the black friday sales right now. Even new games like AC:O and Wolfenstein II are on sale. LOTS of games on sale including some backwards compatible games.

Reactions: G F O P

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I don't know how long this will be in-stock/available, but Bed Bath & Beyond is selling the 1TB PS4 for a pretty good price (the regular version, not pro)

USA: Sony PlayStation 4 1 TB Gaming Console ($200 American)
CANADA: Sony PlayStation 4 1 TB Gaming Console ($230 Canadian)

Other stores/sites may sell it for a similar price and maybe with a game for Black Friday, but these are available right now.

Edit: Walmart Canada will be selling the same PS4 with NHL 18 for $250 on Black Friday

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Mario + Rabbids will be 50 bucks at walmart for black Friday
(kinda wish BOTW was too lol)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->