Deals and Steals 2

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Debated them forever, they have to be better than Beats right? I'm no audiophile, I just want decent headphones.

Then didn't do it because I figured I'd look like less of an ******* and 159 Beats would stand better outdoors in snow and whatever. I don't know if those are just meant indoors...

Whatever. Wish I knew more about headphones. :laugh:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I bought Rocket League for 15 bucks and played it for 45 minutes. It isn't that good and I seem to be having some sound issues with it.

I will probably be refunding it.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
Anybody play the next gen release of Dishonoured? It's only $20 on the Xbox store right now. I remember it getting pretty solid ratings.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Debated them forever, they have to be better than Beats right? I'm no audiophile, I just want decent headphones.

Then didn't do it because I figured I'd look like less of an ******* and 159 Beats would stand better outdoors in snow and whatever. I don't know if those are just meant indoors...

Whatever. Wish I knew more about headphones. :laugh:

Yeah, they're 100% better than anything Beats. It seems to have a giant wire which me be a pain to plug into your phone and use while on the go, but you could easily have found some other Sennheiser or similar brands to suit your needs. There are plenty of headphone questions posted in this forum that you could get some information about if you were so inclined

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
Yeah, they're 100% better than anything Beats. It seems to have a giant wire which me be a pain to plug into your phone and use while on the go, but you could easily have found some other Sennheiser or similar brands to suit your needs. There are plenty of headphone questions posted in this forum that you could get some information about if you were so inclined

That was always an issue for me too, I have the model below the 598s and the cable is annoyingly long, even moreso if you were mobile with it. But the hd598s that were on sale this time around were the special editions, they come with two cables (3m and 1.2m) one for home and one for on the go, presumably.

But yeah, that guy missed a chance on some awesome headphones given the price, but beats are the 'safe' brand because you see them everywhere.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
That was always an issue for me too, I have the model below the 598s and the cable is annoyingly long, even moreso if you were mobile with it. But the hd598s that were on sale this time around were the special editions, they come with two cables (3m and 1.2m) one for home and one for on the go, presumably.

But yeah, that guy missed a chance on some awesome headphones given the price, but beats are the 'safe' brand because you see them everywhere.

The 598's are open ear, right? I prefer closed ear ones when I'm on the go. Way easier to ignore people with them! :laugh:

I do have a pair of open ear Sennheiser 555's that I rarely use. I definitely feel like I should at home though.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I am peeved I didn't take advantage of Amazon's cyber Monday sales... PS4 bundles at $350, Raspberry Pi kits at $75, Surface 3 at $500...

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Bought an iPad Air 2 from Verizon, they're doing $250 off list right now (w/ 2 year contract). Not sure how long the special runs, normally their iPads are just $100 off list.

Of course they didn't have a single 128GB model in the entire state of Arizona. So waiting patiently for my package to arrive.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I am peeved I didn't take advantage of Amazon's cyber Monday sales... PS4 bundles at $350, Raspberry Pi kits at $75, Surface 3 at $500...

Isn't there usually a PS4 bundle at $350? They just threw in an extra game that I had no interest in (God of War IIRC). There's a Raspberry Pi kit with the same things included (but different brands) for almost the same price any day of the year. I was interested in both of those as well but I decided to hold off.

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
Sennheiser hd598se are on sale on amazon atm for 110$, same price as black friday, 40% claimed right now. Absolutely worth it if you want some nice headphones. The se's come with a shorter cable that is good for when you're on the go.

Also worth noting these things go on sale constantly, so if you miss it or aren't sure, they'll go back on sale sooner or later.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0126HISOO/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1450462115&sr=1-1&keywords=sennheiser+hd+598

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Microsoft having some last minute sales too.

Get a $25 promo (good for 90 days) when you buy $100 in digital gift cards. Up to 5 per person.

Microsoft Band 2 is $50 off too, pretty impressive device with cross platform support, I grabbed one as a gift for an iOS person

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Ok so I got the Beats 2.0 and instantly regret and hate them. The sound leak is terrible what's the point in headphones if everyone can just hear it all anyway? Might as well put a boom box on my shoulder and walk around 80s style.

So I'm going to return them, what's a good sounding set that look good and don't leak sound out for all to hear?

Should have listened to you guys the first time but I panicked and passed with that sale being one day only ha

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
FWIW the sennheisers are open headphones, so if you were in public listening to loud music people would hear.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Good to know that's what I was looking at. Need something that if I'm in a library or on the subway nobody will know I'm listening to NSync or something haha

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Few good deals on the steam sale

BioShock trilogy for 10 bucks

Terraria for 4 bucks

Alien isolarion for 14 bucks

Tomb raider for 4 bucks (GOTY for 6)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->