Deadline pushed back for Russia >>> May 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Well I don't know what to say anymore. Russia's hockey federation is a big mess, and they simply can't do their job. May25th was too early for the Russians, and they were granted one more week to make things clear regarding their coaching staff and players. :banghead:

That's so pathetic ... typical Russian s-h-i-t!!! :mad:

I can't freaking stand those buttheads especially that Steblin sucker who totally pisses me off :banghead: :mad:

The full story in Russian can be found >>> HERE <<<

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think people are going to be really disappointed when they see the quality (or lack thereof) of both the Russian and Czech World Cup teams. I think both are going to suffer from a severe lack of getting the best players possible.

Last edited:

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
as a big fan of russian hockey, this is pathetic. i would not even extend the deadline for them, they dont deserve it. they have to respect the World Cup and its rules and deadlineS!

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Even worse : they don't have respect for their own country and their fans! :cry:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Yesterday Slava Fetisov had a meeting with Alexander Steblin at the Sports ministry. Noone knows what has been said, but it's obvious that Fetisov is putting pressure on Steblin and forces him do the right things!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Please, just make Fetisov the head coach and get it over with like it should be.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
Please, just make Fetisov the head coach and get it over with like it should be.

Fetisov can't coach the team because he's the Russian sports minister.

Larionov would be a logical pick though, and get assistants Tretiak and Yurzinov, and Alexei Kasatonov as the GM.

But it looks more like the 2006 Olympic staff.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
wilka91 said:
Fetisov can't coach the team because he's the Russian sports minister.

Larionov would be a logical pick though, and get assistants Tretiak and Yurzinov, and Alexei Kasatonov as the GM.

But it looks more like the 2006 Olympic staff.
Larionov doesn't want to be coach....he wants to be GM of the team, pick the team then make Robinson the head coach.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
This is it! The roster and coaching staff will be announced on

Friday, May 28th

It's almost certain that Vladimir Yurzinov will be named Russia's head coach.

I just read it in Sovetsky Sport.

And there's also a very intresting interview of Slava Fetisov, who met Steblin earlier this week. Steblin asked him for help like in 2002.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad