Deadline June 1st, who's going to sign?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
boston picks needing to be signed by june 1:

martins karsums, kris versteeg, ashton rome

feeling is that karsums will be signed, and one of rome/versteeg will be as well. don't see them keeping both. i'd guess versteeg would be the one they'll keep.

LadyByngJeanRatelle

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
Here's some more:

Edmonton - Roman Tesliuk
Pittsburgh - Tomas Duba

Can someone for each team post who their team needs to sign? That would be great if we could get a listing for each team.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Tampa Bay Lightning

30 D Andy Rogers
65 L Mark Tobin
102 D Mike Lundin
158 D Brandon Elliott
163 C Dusty Collins
188 D Jan Zapletal
191 G Karri Ramo
245 L Justin Keller

Rogers signed last offseason
Tobin probably won't even get an offer
Lundin will go back to school
Elliott signed 2 years ago
Collins will go back to school
Zapletal won't be signed till next year if at all
Ramo and Keller are both negotiating with Tampa Bay.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Hawkster said:
Hawks unsigned CHL'ers from 2004..

Adam Berti, Bryan Bickell, David Bolland, Troy Brouwer, Ryan Garlock, Trevor Kell and Mitch Maunu.

Cam Barker's already signed and the rights to Jared Walker and Eric Hunter were given up last year.

Non CHL'ers to be signed or let go by June 1st..

Adam Burish, Teemu Jaaskelainen, Kevin Kantee, Oli Malmivaara, Jonas Nordquist, Jari Viuhkola and Mattias Wennerberg.

There are about 3 or 4 with no chance of been signed, so that leaves about 10 players fighting for about 7 spots (Judging by what Hawks officials - Bowman and Tallon - said on Hawkcast).

Wow thats quite the list of good CHL'ers i wont be really surprized if the Hawks dont sign Bolland that guy has alot of potential!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sticky wanted!!!

Can I ask to have this thread to be a sticky??? And if some other teams could be add as well in order to have most of them, it would be appreciated

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Red Wings (from redwingscentral.com):

"UPCOMING PROSPECT SIGNING DEADLINES
June, 2006: Miroslav Blatak, Stefan Liv, Andreas Jamtin, Evan McGrath, Tyler Haskins, Tomek Valtonen, Jari Tolsa, David Engblom, Johan Forsander, David Petrasek, Per Backer, Jimmie Svensson

June, 2007: Igor Grigorenko, Jakub Kindl, Christofer Lofberg, Sergei Kolosov, Mattias Ritola, Darren Helm, Johan Ryno, Jeff May, Juho Mielonen, Bretton Stamler, Andrei Maximenko, Dmitri Semenov, Alexander Seluyanov, Evgeny Bumagin, Johan Berggren, Christian Soderstrom, Jonathan Ericsson, Andreas Sundin, Stefan Blom, Tomas Kollar, Mikael Johansson

June, 2008: Anton Axelsson, Gennady Stolyarov, Nils Backstrom

June, 2009: Justin Abdelkader"

Liv signed a 1 year deal last week.

Wings are negotiating with McGrath, but he wants 1st rounder money and this could be a sticking point.

Wings have said they intend to sign Blatak.

Wings have said they will not sign Haskins.

Unsure about Jamtin - I would sign him and give him a chance in the AHL, he could be a 3rd line agitator with some scoring punch. Not sure if they're actively trying to sign him.

Wings wanted to sign Valtonen before the lockout but now they probably won't.

Jari Tolsa, David Engblom, Johan Forsander, David Petrasek, Per Backer, Jimmie Svensson are all European players that the Wings will not sign, but they're not going to get any interest from NHL teams anyway.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Hawkster said:
Cam Barker's already signed and the rights to Jared Walker and Eric Hunter were given up last year.

It's stupid question time....Walker and Hunter were 04' draftees, how were they able to renounce to their rights in 05 and why did they do it since all they had to do was to wait until June 1st of this year and not signed them....How come they didn't take this whole 05-06 year to judge them more??? Why did they renounce to their rights so fast????

Thanks.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
whitesnake said:
It's stupid question time....Walker and Hunter were 04' draftees, how were they able to renounce to their rights in 05 and why did they do it since all they had to do was to wait until June 1st of this year and not signed them....How come they didn't take this whole 05-06 year to judge them more??? Why did they renounce to their rights so fast????

Thanks.

Teams can renounce the rights to players they have no intention of signing before they have to make a decision on them. The Wings drafted Steve Covington in 04 and last summer they said ok, we're never going to sign this guy so we renounce his rights now, even though they had another couple of years before they had to make that call.

Not sure if it's the same as the Chicago situation but it sounds like it could be.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
sarcastro said:
Teams can renounce the rights to players they have no intention of signing before they have to make a decision on them. The Wings drafted Steve Covington in 04 and last summer they said ok, we're never going to sign this guy so we renounce his rights now, even though they had another couple of years before they had to make that call.

Not sure if it's the same as the Chicago situation but it sounds like it could be.

OK but why do they do it? Do you have a maximum of players that you can have rights on? By renouncing to their rights, can you then sign some other players? Is there a kind of cap for the number of rights you own? It just looks strange than 1 year after being picked, you kinda suddenly acknowledge that you made a mistake and those players don't even deserve to be given at least another year to know how their development will go....Just wondering, the difference in thinking between teams that will give the 2 years and then don't sign the players compared to teams that will take 1 year and renounce to these rights before they really had to choose. I understand now that you can do it, but I still don't get why they do it???

But it may be a question of ''because that's how it is....'' ;)

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
http://www.redwingscentral.com/stories/2005_09/10_Covington.html

"The Detroit Red Wings released prospect Steve Covington earlier this summer, assistant general manager Jim Nill confirmed Friday.

Covington was Detroit’s sixth choice (226th overall) in last year’s National Hockey League entry draft. The Red Wings had until next year to sign Covington, as is the case with all Canadian Hockey League draft choices.

But teams are also required to tender a bona fide offer to a draft pick one year after he is selected in order to maintain exclusive reserve-list rights.

In Covington’s case, the Red Wings opted not to bother. "

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
sarcastro said:
http://www.redwingscentral.com/stories/2005_09/10_Covington.html

"The Detroit Red Wings released prospect Steve Covington earlier this summer, assistant general manager Jim Nill confirmed Friday.

Covington was Detroit’s sixth choice (226th overall) in last year’s National Hockey League entry draft. The Red Wings had until next year to sign Covington, as is the case with all Canadian Hockey League draft choices.

But teams are also required to tender a bona fide offer to a draft pick one year after he is selected in order to maintain exclusive reserve-list rights.

In Covington’s case, the Red Wings opted not to bother. "

That's my answer!
Thanks!

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Does anybody know if big Boris Valabik (Atl) was already signed? Because I believe he was drafted out of the CHL and would therefore need to be inked before June 1.

HockeyJim17

Sep 6, 2004
Here are a couple I can think of off the top of my head that still need to be signed

Scott Lehman- Atl
Victor Oreskovitch- Col
Michal Sersen- Pit
David Shantz- Fla

Euro's 2002 and before
Alexei Kaigorodov- Ott
Alexei "Tractor Boy" Mikhnov- Edm
Ilja Nikulin- Atl

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Jag68Sid87 said:
Does anybody know if big Boris Valabik (Atl) was already signed? Because I believe he was drafted out of the CHL and would therefore need to be inked before June 1.

Yes, the Thrashers signed him in March.

Link

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
There are reports Evan McGrath is being, well, Evan McGrath....

Asking for first round money and standing firm. (apparantly draft day has already slipped his memory)
I don't see Detroit giving him that kind of a deal unless they sign him for another team. (and immediately deal him)

Tyler Haskins is an interesting case he's a scrappy defensive center who can skate and actually put up decent offensive numbers this year, but there really isn't room for him in GR it seems. I hope the Wings sign him and return him to Toronto for an over age season.

All the Euros on sarcasto's Detroit list wouldn't have to re-enter, I assume they'd just be free agents?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
11 R Lauri Tukonen (signed)
95 D Paul Baier (ncaa)
110 L Ned Lukacevic (I think he's signed or is to be shortly.)
143 R Eric Neilson (unsigned)
174 F Scott Parse (ncaa)
205 F Mike Curry (unsigned)
221 G Danny Taylor (unsigned)
238 G Yutaka Fukufuji (signed)
264 C Valtteri Tenkanen (euro)

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
Sabres

Drew Stafford (already signed)
Michael Funk (given offer)
Andrej Sekera (in negotiations)
Michal Valent (2008)
Patrick Kaleta (given offer)
Mark Mancari (already signed)
Mike Card (given offer)
Dylan Hunter (given offer)

2002 Europeans

Jakub Hulva (99.9% will not be signed)
Maxim Sheviev (see Hulva)
Martin Cizek (see Sheviev) :D

2001 Europeans

Michal Vondrka (see Cizek)
Marek Dubec (see Vondrka)

2000 Europeans

Denis Denisov (RSL) :dunno:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Boomhower said:

Asking for first round money and standing firm. (apparantly draft day has already slipped his memory)
I don't see Detroit giving him that kind of a deal unless they sign him for another team. (and immediately deal him)?

You think the wings would trade him if it got close to the deadline and he remained unsigned ?.

Would a 2nd get a deal done ??

X-SHARKIE

Boomhower said:

I don't see Detroit giving him that kind of a deal unless they sign him for another team. (and immediately deal him)

Tyler Haskins is an interesting case he's a scrappy defensive center who can skate and actually put up decent offensive numbers this year, but there really isn't room for him in GR it seems. I hope the Wings sign him and return him to Toronto for an over age season.

All the Euros on sarcasto's Detroit list wouldn't have to re-enter, I assume they'd just be free agents?

McGrath should've already signed and been helping the Griffins in the AHL.

That sucks to hear that he's being that way.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
X-SHARKIE said:
McGrath should've already signed and been helping the Griffins in the AHL.

That sucks to hear that he's being that way.

Well he won't be helping anymore now as Milwaukee Admirals upset and knocked off Grand Rapids to win the Western Conference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->