DBacks expected to move from Phoenix to Scottsdale. Build new stadium

razor ray

May 8, 2011
I think the Downtown location is better. Traffic during the week will be horrible during weekday games. But hey, its hard to pass up a new stadium in Scottsdale.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I've never been, but Chase Field looks like a fairly well-maintained ballpark. Why would they need to move? I know nothing of Arizona, what makes Scottsdale more desirable than Phoenix?

CoyoteUgly

Feb 11, 2004
i heard somewhere it has no air conditioning

There's definitely air conditioning. That was what was one of the selling points when it was built. I can't imagine how much it costs to cool the place, but the indoor temps are in the 70's with the AC running

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I've never been, but Chase Field looks like a fairly well-maintained ballpark. Why would they need to move? I know nothing of Arizona, what makes Scottsdale more desirable than Phoenix?

Eh, if there's one city that is an exception to the rule that downtown stadiums are the best possible location, it's Phoenix (though Las Vegas also fits this bill). Scottsdale is extremely affluent and arguably the most important tourist city in Arizona. Amazing night life.

Good move, I think. But it has to be privately funded. Chase Stadium is more than fine currently. You don't even have the excuse that Texas does with moving to a more comfortable venue (Globe Life Park is plenty modern and in fantastic shape but not having a climate controlled stadium in the Dallas heat is really bad).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->