DAZN Gets NFL Sunday Ticket in Canada

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
You can also stream the NFL Network in HD on DAZN, something Shaw refuses to carry, and never will because they say the NFL Network is a "seasonal channel" despite the fact they are probably the only carrier in Canada not to have it in HD.

I signed up for DAZN to try out, so far I love it. Watch either on my Apple TV or Xbox One and haven't had any problems. Big fan of the condensed NFL games.

And I must admit I've quickly become a MotoGP fan. :laugh:

Agreed with all this. Closer to getting rid of Shaw completely.

Battle Hymns

Sep 6, 2013
Great to be able to watch hard knocks on its first run. Used to be impossible to watch it in Canada before

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Great to be able to watch hard knocks on its first run. Used to be impossible to watch it in Canada before

As a Bucs fan, I'm loving that. But overall it's been a slightly negative experience so far. The feed is clearly lagging well behind the actual game, and the controls to me are quite cumbersome on the PS4. You can't see where you are fast forwarding and rewinding, and the buttons seem to do random things as opposed to what you'd think.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
As a Bucs fan, I'm loving that. But overall it's been a slightly negative experience so far. The feed is clearly lagging well behind the actual game, and the controls to me are quite cumbersome on the PS4. You can't see where you are fast forwarding and rewinding, and the buttons seem to do random things as opposed to what you'd think.

I noticed a lag when watching on my tablet (Android) but no lag when watching on my TV (Xbox).

Battle Hymns

Sep 6, 2013

The ps4 controls are cumbersome. I have not had any lag issues yet.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Agreed with all this. Closer to getting rid of Shaw completely.

I actually just switched to Telus this week, so I now get the NFL Network in HD. The Shaw rep asked if there was anything they could offer me to stay, I was going to Telus anyway because of package pricing and more channels that we watch are in HD. I told him about the NFL Network and he just sighed and said I wasn't the first to complain about it. It just falls on deaf ears at their head office.

Still the app is amazing value for everything you get with it. I'm sure when the regular season begins though I'll just be watching the Steelers game and RedZone.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Not that impressed so far and really wish Sunday Ticket was still around :(...

Video quality is meeeehhhh

Last edited:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Works fine for me so far. Killer deal too. $20/month with a free month so I can watch 8 weeks of NFL for $20 and cancel after that if I want.

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
They had the Bill/Jets feed swapped with the Skins/Eagles earlier. When my free subscription wraps up I'll probably switch back to watching what games cable carries.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Been a bit slow, but nice to able to watch on multiple devices.

I do get 5 out of 7 of the morning games on cable today, so it's allowing me to watch the two games I don't get.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Mixed bag today. At times it would work perfectly but other times there was quite a bit of buffering. For some reason watching the redzone stream seemed to work better than an individual game. Hopefully it gets better.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Working a graveyard shift tonight so slept until the afternoon games started, tuned in to RedZone a couple of times for maybe 10 minutes total, and it only buffered once. I bought this mainly for RedZone and any Steeler games not on TV, so hopefully they work all the bugs out.

Been a bit slow, but nice to able to watch on multiple devices.

I do get 5 out of 7 of the morning games on cable today, so it's allowing me to watch the two games I don't get.

By chance, do you know how many afternoon games were on cable?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
It worked mostly fine to me...

Though it crashed twice during that last minute drive by the Bears... super frustrating...

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Working a graveyard shift tonight so slept until the afternoon games started, tuned in to RedZone a couple of times for maybe 10 minutes total, and it only buffered once. I bought this mainly for RedZone and any Steeler games not on TV, so hopefully they work all the bugs out.

By chance, do you know how many afternoon games were on cable?

In week 1, if you had all time shifting channels, you would have missed 3 games.

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
This is absolutely brutal.

They pulled the Cowboys - Broncos game off in the 4th quarter

Wow, I cancelled after my free month because week 1 was sort of a gong show. So much for this statement they issued this week. They are going to have to offer something good or I bet the 5 year deal they struck with the NFL bankrupts them.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Other than the commentary issues on opening night, it's been fine for me.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
I actually just switched to Telus this week, so I now get the NFL Network in HD. The Shaw rep asked if there was anything they could offer me to stay, I was going to Telus anyway because of package pricing and more channels that we watch are in HD. I told him about the NFL Network and he just sighed and said I wasn't the first to complain about it. It just falls on deaf ears at their head office.

Still the app is amazing value for everything you get with it. I'm sure when the regular season begins though I'll just be watching the Steelers game and RedZone.

Actually considering getting rid of Telus Optik cable as the online world covers most of my needs and the only concern is getting FOX Seattle on an antenna.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
It was ok yesterday. Almost perfect on XBOX One. Minor glitches on PC.

Still very inconvenient for me. I have 5 cable boxes in my mancave but now pretty much only use 3 at a time.

It also sucks that it's so delayed and people are checking their fantasy lineups and getting fantasy updates and stuff 2 minutes before the play.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Really liking DAZN now. I'm able to have 3 games on the go now, 2 on Ipads and one on cable on TV.

Only allowed to have it on two devices.

Only drawback is it is 30 seconds behind regular coverage or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad