DAZN Gets NFL Sunday Ticket in Canada

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
You guys hear about this? So if you want to watch out of market games this year in Canada, you have to subscribe to the sports streaming service dazn. Will cost 20$ a month, which is cheaper, and apparently includes the all-22 tape on demand, which is awesome, but how will this effect watching the game? Going to bars? etc...

Still trying to wrap my head around how I'm going to watch them without a smart tv. Hopefully can stream through my PS4...

berklon

Dec 24, 2008
Apparently DAZN is supported on PS4, XBOX One and many other devices - accordingly to their wiki page. It's supposed to have support for Samsung Smart TVs (running Tizen) which I have... but I don't see it the app store. I'm guessing it'll be made available to Canadians soon.

This is a good deal. Hopefully I can pay for the months I only need - which is just regular season. I only have an antenna, so on average I can catch 3 games per week using it... but it's not always the games I want to watch. DAZN will definitely let me watch whatever games I want to watch.

I just don't need it for the playoffs - even with just an antenna I can catch every single post-season game. So I guess I would only need DAZN for like 3 months.

A lot of Canadians are excited about this.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Thats big. I can't imagine what DAZN had to pay to get an exclusive in Canada.

I read that Shaw, Rogers, Bell etc will still be allowed to sell Sunday Ticket to bars and restaurants so you can still go there and watch the games.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I didn't mind the super sports pack with rogers as I got out of market hockey as well as NBA and college football.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
This blows for me as I have 5 TV receivers set up in my man cave for NFL Sundays. I'm debating cancelling my cable all together now.

Does anyone know if there will be blackouts? Can I watch on more than one device at a time? Such as Xbone, PC, Smart TV, another PC, etc.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
No blackouts according to this press release:

As the new home of NFL Game Pass, which includes all Sunday games previously offered in NFL Sunday Ticket, and NFL RedZone, DAZN will have both live and on-demand NFL coverage with no blackouts, meaning fans will never have to miss another epic touchdown, field goal or interception.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/live-sports-streaming-service-dazn-launches-with-exclusive-nfl-game-pass-and-nfl-redzone-rights-in-canada-635591063.html

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
This blows for me as I have 5 TV receivers set up in my man cave for NFL Sundays. I'm debating cancelling my cable all together now.

Does anyone know if there will be blackouts? Can I watch on more than one device at a time? Such as Xbone, PC, Smart TV, another PC, etc.

On their website they mention that you can stream on 2 devices at once.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
This sucks for Super Sports Pack subscribers through Cogeco. :(

I was getting:

NHL Centre Ice
MLB Extra Innings
NBA League Pass
NFL Sunday Ticket
OHL Action Pack
NCAA Football and Basketball

All for $34 per month.

I may be in the minority here, but give me live TV sports anyday over streamed sports via the internet. I had horrible experiences with Gamecentre Live. It was choppy as hell and just flat out wouldn't work a lot of the time. And I have internet speeds more than capable to stream live sports. I'm afraid this will be the way of the future though..

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I may be in the minority here, but give me live TV sports anyday over streamed sports via the internet. I had horrible experiences with Gamecentre Live. It was choppy as hell and just flat out wouldn't work a lot of the time. And I have internet speeds more than capable to stream live sports. I'm afraid this will be the way of the future though..

That is definitely my fear with this. I detested just mindlessly scrolling through twitter and seeing a goal/run etc pop up before it happens on the TV because there's so much lag.

I have IPTV and its absolutely fantastic (and actually has less latency than cable). If DAZN can provide that level of service this will be an awesome deal. If its like MLB.TV/Gamecentre, then meh I'll just scrounge up what I can on the timeshifting channels.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I really only wanted to get RedZone this year, but, $150 for all the games, plus MotoGP and Pro12 Rugby? Yeah, sign me up.

I really hope they're working on NCAA rights as well. Fingers crossed.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Wow super laggy and I am very disappointed. Couldn't go 10 seconds without buffering. Did a speed test and i was getting 70mdps and 11mbps upload speed. Im a subscriber to Rogers NHL gamecentre and sportsnet now and i never had any problems.

I am going to cancel my subscription for now and see if things improve by week 1 when the games matter.

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
Just signed up myself, watched the HOF game tonight, quality was great on my 4k tv no lag, right now i'm rewatching last years SB looks good so far.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Not NFL related, but DAZN partnered with beIN Sports and will have UEFA Champions League and Europa League coverage. Not sure how this will effect TSN, though I imagine whatever TSN isn't showing, DAZN will be.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'd still prefer to watch the games on TV through Shaw because I know the quality will always be great but this is a ridiculous price. I usually pay $200 for Sunday Ticket alone but now I can get Sunday Ticket, RedZone, and Game Pass for a total of $60? I'd go month to month because I wouldn't watch any of the other stuff so it'd be one month free and then $20/month for three months. That seems way too good to be true. Hopefully it's good quality and doesn't buffer every few minutes.

TheMalkinEra

May 1, 2017
Im i missing something but this NFL gamepass is not the same as before. The only old games you can watch are 2016 playoffs and the previous 5 super bowls, where as before you could watch every game including preseason from past 5 or 6 seasons plus the all 22 footage from past 4 seasons.

anybody else who had NFL gamepass in the past the notice that same thing with DAZN? Who am i missing something.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'd still prefer to watch the games on TV through Shaw because I know the quality will always be great but this is a ridiculous price. I usually pay $200 for Sunday Ticket alone but now I can get Sunday Ticket, RedZone, and Game Pass for a total of $60? I'd go month to month because I wouldn't watch any of the other stuff so it'd be one month free and then $20/month for three months. That seems way too good to be true. Hopefully it's good quality and doesn't buffer every few minutes.

You can also stream the NFL Network in HD on DAZN, something Shaw refuses to carry, and never will because they say the NFL Network is a "seasonal channel" despite the fact they are probably the only carrier in Canada not to have it in HD.

I signed up for DAZN to try out, so far I love it. Watch either on my Apple TV or Xbox One and haven't had any problems. Big fan of the condensed NFL games.

And I must admit I've quickly become a MotoGP fan. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->