Dayn Belfour..

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
Wondering if anyone can find Dayn Belfours ranking for the 07 draft in ISS, if there even is one. I'm not sure if he is even NHL calibre, but I'm curious, as I'm a big Eddie Belfour fan. Any help is greatly appreciated.:)

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
I HIGHLY doubt there is an ISS ranking, for what its worth my buddy is a goaltender and played against him and he said he was terrible, my buddy isn't that good either, but he said Dayne Belfour was quite abit worse than him and my buddy isn't going anywhere in hockey.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
So its safe to say he'll have trouble coming up with the rest of the billion his dad owes that cop?

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
I've never seen him play but perhaps he is a late bloomer like his dad - Eddie was never drafted. Or maybe not.....

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Talking of Belfour, always wondered if anyone who havn't been draft had a great career as Belfour? From what I know, The Eagle is the only HOF caliber who never been draft (since the draft is done)

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Talking of Belfour, always wondered if anyone who havn't been draft had a great career as Belfour? From what I know, The Eagle is the only HOF caliber who never been draft (since the draft is done)
There was some Wayne guy, oh i forget his name, he was alright, i think he might have been HOF calibre.

Also, Cujo is NOT HOF calibre.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
There was some Wayne guy, oh i forget his name, he was alright, i think he might have been HOF calibre.

Also, Cujo is NOT HOF calibre.

Wayne Gretzky never been drafted for a reason, not because team thought he wasn't worthy a pick ...

I didn't knew Adam Oates and Curtis Joseph never been drafted. TY

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
Wondering if anyone can find Dayn Belfours ranking for the 07 draft in ISS, if there even is one. I'm not sure if he is even NHL calibre, but I'm curious, as I'm a big Eddie Belfour fan. Any help is greatly appreciated.:)

He is not very good. I watched him at F-M Jets camp before he got cut and did not look good at all.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
I'm pretty sure he's unranked... he's not very good at all. He wasn't an OHL draft pick either... he's only made it this far on his name, I'm afraid.

WesternCollegeHockey

Jul 13, 2006
is that a junior A league. and is he the starting goalie??

I'm pretty sure the MJHL is Jr. A, though a pretty weak league. They don't send many players to college hockey.

Belfour tried to play in the NAHL for Fargo-Moorhead this, but got beat out by Austin Lee and Beau Christian. Lee was rated by NHL Central Scouting last year, and should be this year, but he probably won't get drafted. Christian is pretty good too, but probably not an NHL prospect. I had also heard that he tried out for a major junior and didn't make it, but I can't confirm that.

BCCHL inactive

I'm pretty sure he's unranked... he's not very good at all. He wasn't an OHL draft pick either... he's only made it this far on his name, I'm afraid.

That's because he's based in Manitoba. He would have been available in the WHL bantam draft. That said, I don't think he was drafted. If he was, he was a late round pick, as are many, many names you will never hear in the pro ranks.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Dayn plays for the Winkler Flyers in the MJHL, the same team Eddie played for around the same age. Dayn seems to have little chance of making the NHL (ie. cut by NAHL teams) but keep in mind his dad wasn't a serious NHLer until he was around 25 years old. Dayn has a lot of time to be a student of the game and improve. He also has his surefire Hall of Famer father as a personal trainer/coach for the rest of his life, so dont count him out entirely.

nags

Sep 27, 2006
I'm pretty sure the MJHL is Jr. A, though a pretty weak league. They don't send many players to college hockey.

Belfour tried to play in the NAHL for Fargo-Moorhead this, but got beat out by Austin Lee and Beau Christian. Lee was rated by NHL Central Scouting last year, and should be this year, but he probably won't get drafted. Christian is pretty good too, but probably not an NHL prospect. I had also heard that he tried out for a major junior and didn't make it, but I can't confirm that.

Compared to what Junior A league? Certainly not the Ontario Junior A leagues. MJHL is getting better every year and the best teams can compete against anybody in the country and that includes the BCHL that seems to get all the hype.

There are several players that have gone to college or are going to college in this league. Kevin Clark and Ken Selby at Alaska are a few examples.

Wade Poplawski is probably one of the most talented Dman in Junior A hockey right now. He is more talented and a much better skater than his older brother who played in the Dub for several years. This guy has several offers on the table right now from several D1 colleges.

Jason Greqoire is playing at Lincoln this year in the USHL. If he can get healthy he will likely be rookie of the year in that league as well.

Manitoba champions have been beaten the Saskatchewan champions several times over the last few years. Expect that trend to continue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->