WJC: Day One GDT!

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Cowan doesn’t seem to have a ton of natural offensive skills but is an absolute menace on the forecheck.

Could easily see him having a Bertuzzi/Bunting type career where w does the dirty work for the skilled guys.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Finland can't much going and giving up the right side very easily.

Those are the darks. They still wear them. Another set that's been around too long.

I just want a new design. We used to get a new design every Olympics cycle. These have to be close to 8 years old now. Especially the reds.
im pretty sure these jerseys have only been around since 2020 or so. They started wearing the red then introduced the white version.

The olympic jersey from the last olympic are ass. Nike hasn't designed a good international jersey since the mid 2010s.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
If you live in the US, and your cable provider doesn’t have NHL network (YouTubeTV is great besides this…) is there any other way to watch the games?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If you live in the US, and your cable provider doesn’t have NHL network (YouTubeTV is great besides this…) is there any other way to watch the games?
I don’t think so, which is precisely why I can’t cut the chord.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I just don't understand based on what was this czech team considered clear favorites, even by the betting sites
Because the first game of such a tournament (where teams have basically no real track record) is just a guess for them. They just try to monitor the cash flow and not do anything stupid. So judging from the odds on Slovakia dropping significantly quite a lot of people did bet on them but it was still compensated heavily by [less knowledgeable] people betting on Czechs who are, usually, the stronger team between the two.

kutka

Dec 31, 2022
Honestly, I will come off as a Slovak-hater, but even just looking at the point production of their players in CHL, it seems to me that their prospects get overrated on a regular basis. See for example Team Latvia, we have kids that never got drafted and are playing at the same level, while half of the Slovaks are drafted. Honestly, it's a mystery to me. I'm not hating on anyone, but it is something that I've noticed.
give an exact example namejs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad