Day 1 of playoffs...done but problems uploading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew, Dion. Need a bit of help here. Everything is done for day 1, but while the files are uploaded, nothing updated on the web site. Thinking that playoff files needed to be put somewhere different. Wondering if you could walk me through the steps for changing over to the playoffs and getting them on the web site? Until then, I'm going to have to hold up simming games...don't stop putting in new lines though. Shouldn't be too long guys!

HFNHL Red Wings

First off you need a seperate folder on the server for each round otherwise the previous round results get overwritten (same file names and boxscore numbers).
Next you need a seperate link page. In the past Sean or Dion created 'playoff' pages to link to the appropriate folders and file names.
The pages for playoffs are all hfnhlplf**** instead of just hfnhl****
Also when you update the GMfiles.zip make sure you use the hfnhlplf files and not the regular hfnhl files

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Josh - just a suggestion:

Put the .hfnhl files (the now-completed 2003/04 regular season) in an approriately named folder on Yahoo. That way, a) we'll have them there in case there's any problems with the playoff upload, and b) we'll be able to keep a record of the stats for future reference (such as when planning sponsorship deals next season that relate to a team's improvement season over seaosn, for example).

You could add seperate sub-folders for each playoff round once it's completed, too.

Thanks!

Ok...so Sean, Dion...when you guys are able to, can one of you fire up the links to the playoff web pages? thanks.

Nobody go to sleep on this one. keep checking in every now and then to see if the links have been completed. Obviously it's the playoffs and I don't want people trying to play games blind so I'm stopping simming for the moment, but I don't want to lose ground either. We've still got some serious catching up to do!

HFNHL Red Wings

Claudio Mannarino said:
In the meantime can we get the results of the games posted on the board.

I peeked last night so let me see if I can remember correctly.

Rangers over Senators
Bruins over Sabres (1-0 in OT)
Capitals over Canadiens
Islanders over Rangers

Blues over Oilers (7-4)
Kings over Blackhawks
Red Wings over Jackets (3-1)
Ducks over Sharks

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
HFNHL Red Wings said:
I peeked last night so let me see if I can remember correctly.

Rangers over Senators
Bruins over Sabres (1-0 in OT)
Capitals over Canadiens
Islanders over Rangers

Blues over Oilers (7-4)
Kings over Blackhawks
Red Wings over Jackets (3-1)
Ducks over Sharks

Kings over Blackhawks, 3-0.
Ducks over Sharks, 3-1.
Rangers over Senators, 5-4.
Capitals over Canadiens, 5-2.
Islanders over Flyers, 4-1.

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Ohio Jones said:
Josh - just a suggestion:

Put the .hfnhl files (the now-completed 2003/04 regular season) in an approriately named folder on Yahoo. That way, a) we'll have them there in case there's any problems with the playoff upload, and b) we'll be able to keep a record of the stats for future reference (such as when planning sponsorship deals next season that relate to a team's improvement season over seaosn, for example).

You could add seperate sub-folders for each playoff round once it's completed, too.

Thanks!

I took my own advice and set up the folders in the Yahoogroup Files section for both the 2003-04 Regular Season stats, and the 2004 Playoffs (with subfodlers for each round). So as soon as you get a chance, Josh, the fles could be dumped in there.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just having a few problems with time especially with a few assignments and a THESIS to write. Ok I've done the bare minimum in terms of link changes. Sorry for no fancy stuff with the page. I'll leave that to Sean to give to me or Josh or whoever to upload at a later date.

So what I've done is changed the link for...

a) GM files for all playoff gm's.
b) Schedules
c) Today's Games

That should suffice. I don't think anyone needs to know the Stats. :)

So onto the playoffs.... :banana: :banana:

Oh yeah.. there seems to be a few javascript probs... Just say no to debugging it while I'm trying to think how to fix this problem... :dunno:

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Thanks Dion, and Josh,

Based on Dion's post, I'm assuming then the current rosters and lines links are not updated, as it doesn't seem like they've changed, and my lines seemed to have stayed the same for the first game of the playoffs (in both the line score, and under 'lines' within the roster).

I realize this is probably a case of the regular season rosters staying where they're at, but if this is the case, we should wait until we can view the playoff rosters and lines before simming further games. For instance, I have no idea where the health of my goalies is at or other players, and where my lines currently sit (or that of my opponent). Tough to make roster adjustments under this scenario.

Thanks again for all your work in simming the games.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Lineup Update

I don't think they've been uploaded as the status of one of my injured players has been upgraded after the season finale.

Claudio

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Due to popular demand...

I've updated the links for Rosters, injuries and lines... I hope that should be the end of it, for now. :)

Plus a playoff article...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad