David Stern on the lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
During all-star weekend NBA comissioner David Stern qualified Goodenow's strategy (No cap, never ever) as one of the worst in sports history. He may be biaised but Goodenow certainly has no respect in any of the major sports. I feel for the players that got brainwashed and lost reason in all this. Does all this negativity means that Goodenow is on his way out?

Cully9

Oct 15, 2004
I believe his quote was that Goodenow's strategy was "the worst miscalculation in the history of professional sports."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
HellToupee said:
FWIW Stern also came down on Bettman last week saying he would never allow the NBA to be shutdown for an entire season.

Stern is also a better commishioner. Probably the best in sports. I'd kill to have David Stern as the NHL commish.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
go kim johnsson said:
Stern is also a better commishioner. Probably the best in sports. I'd kill to have David Stern as the NHL commish.

Instead, we get the guy who took what was the 4th major sport in the U.S. and in a decade turned into something that's now below golf, nascar, and probably even tennis on the totem pole. And after the farce of the last few months, hockey looks about as respectable as roller derby, only without the comic relief.

Bettman makes John Ziegler look frickin Solomon.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
marcel snapshot said:
Instead, we get the guy who took what was the 4th major sport in the U.S. and in a decade turned into something that's now below golf, nascar, and probably even tennis on the totem pole. And after the farce of the last few months, hockey looks about as respectable as roller derby, only without the comic relief.

Bettman makes John Ziegler look frickin Solomon.
no lie - and stern is gonna get his this summer -

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
mr gib said:
no lie - and stern is gonna get his this summer -
I thought that too. It seems as if the NBA isn't all that entrenched in labor issues. They're going to meet 5 straight days at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad