David Perron

Scot79

Dec 8, 2006
Maine
I like Perron's game. He is a goal scorer. Not the greatest defensive forward, but can make a good defensive play if needed. Plus you have to look at his scoring opportunities. He is playing on the 3rd line, and on the blueline on power plays and still leads the Maineaics in goals, all in his first season in the Q. I think he is the best pure goal scorer on Lewiston. As for being a bit undersized the new rules in the NHL work in Perron's advantage. Being a bit undersized is no longer a disadvantage. Some team will take a chance on him, I feel somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round, assuming he conitinues playing well.

He is very calm with the puck in scoring situations, too. My favorite goal of his was a preseason game-winner with 2 seconds left, short handed. He made it look easy.

Plus I am a Maineiacs fan, been to about 10 games, so I might be a bit too high on Perron.

coaticook

Feb 17, 2004
Hi everybody!

i`ve been a long time reader on hf boards and this is my first post. I was just waiting to hear this guys name to do a move it guess. I think nobody here can give you a better report on perron than me, as i have played against him several years in a row while he was playing for shermont (sherbrooke/fleurimont). A fact everybody must know about him is that he went from being a midget ''A'' player 3 years ago to a top qmjhl prospect. i have played against him both in midget and junior. back then he was a cocky little a** tearing up the league with his fancy moves. everybody just hated that guy cause he was 3 years younger than us and so good. when he first entered shermont as an underager (16) in junior A, even his team didn`t want him in, cause he was too selfish with the puck, i`ve heard that`s also why doubble letter teams never were interested in him, that and also because he was paper thin.. he finally got accepted by his teammates, and as a reward he led them to regional championships. after that he played junior AAA and got drafted by the mainiacs. He has matured a lot since those days, both physically and mentallyhis shot and hands are gold,just can`t remember the number of times he caught me while i was playing defense. He has to improve his overal strenght and speed if he want to get to the next level. He has fixed up his attitude, thats the biggest part, he now is a very classy guy. this guy is a real late bloomer, a gem coming out of nowhere, what he has done until now is already an accomplishment.
my guess is that he gets drafted in the 2nd round, with the potential of becoming a poor mans version of kovalev. by the way, kovalev`s used to be his nickname, and he also compares himself to kovy.

good luck to him!!

turnbuckle*

Being projected as a second or third rounder in your second year of eligibility is pretty damn impressive any way you slice it. The kid is certainly skilled; he's been catching the eye of many scouts this season.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
coaticook I was under the impression he went from Midget B to St. Jerome(jr.AAA) to Lewiston

coaticook

Feb 17, 2004
in response to adam

he went from midget A to st-jerome, there is no B in here cause there a not enough players and teams, so everybody is relegated to the A even though half the players a B qualiber. Between that, he played a year as an underage for the sherbrooke express, in the local junior A ranks as a 16 years old. Still pretty impressive feat, considering that junior A here is prety poor compared to the rest of quebec.

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
and you should say that Junior A in Quebec is not the same as Junior A elsewhere in Canada!!!!

Junior A in Quebec in a no-contact league...

Junior hockey goes as follow:

Junior AAA
Junior AA
Junior BB ( Doesnt exist anymore it all AA and it's comparable to Jr B or Jr C)
Junior A
Junior B

A and B are non-contact league that you can compare to Midget A elsewhere in Canada at best...

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
I've never seen the Quebec Jr.AAA league play a single game but comparing to Jr.A to midget hockey seems pretty extreme. By most accounts the Quebec Jr.A league is considerd middle of the pack or slightly lower when comparing Jr.A leagues across Canada.

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
I'll try to explain differently...

In Quebec Junior is rate the same thing as Pee-Wee to Midget...

so AAA-AA-BB-CC-A-B-C

sure they are less categories is Junior than Midget for example...

But Junior AAA = NOT Junior A in Quebec

For example, I palyed myself 5 years ago in Saskatchewan in Junior B... which was about equal as Junior AA in Quebec. (Actually I was performing more in Junior AA than Juniorb in SAsk.)

Junior A in Quebec is a lot weaker than Junior AA so Junior A in Quebec in not even as strong as Junior C in the rest of Canada...

CANADA QUEBEC
Junior A = Junior AAA
Junior B = Junior AA
Junior C = Junior BB
Junior A
Junior B

that was how it work at that time...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->