David Perron - Do we make a significant offer?

David Perron - Do we make a significant offer?

• Total voters

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
No centers are going to sign here. We need assets to trade for centers.​
Oh god if you think Perron is gonna sign in Montreal and then get traded at the deadline you’re insane. No offence. He’s getting a no trade in that deal and it won’t be a one year deal
Oh and also Perron is not netting you a centre. Seriously man

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Oh god if you think Perron is gonna sign in Montreal and then get traded at the deadline you’re insane. No offence. He’s getting a no trade in that deal and it won’t be a one year deal
Oh and also Perron is not netting you a centre. Seriously man

No, you don't give him a 1 year deal. And, you either trade him in a year or two, or you trade other players he replaces to get the assets to get a center. You don't trade him directly for a center.

We have a lot of wingers? Good, let's convert them to other assets. Seriously.

And, a no trade clause will not be a problem. I'm sure Carey Price will have no problem waiving his NTC in a year or two to leave this sh-- show.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
No, you don't give him a 1 year deal. And, you either trade him in a year or two, or you trade other players he replaces to get the assets to get a center. You don't trade him directly for a center.

Perron is not what this team needs. Other players on the team dont get you top 2 C, all we have is second line players.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

No man. Just no. The only way I’d want Perron is if we got Tavares and O’Reilly and traded Galchenyuk/Drouin and Pacioretty
We have zero centres and as of right now , no player on our roster is gonna net us a centre
Subban and sergachev shoulda been traded for centres. That was the biggest f*** up ever
We no longer have the assets to acquire a number one through trade unless you’re giving up the top 6 pick

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
No man. Just no. The only way I’d want Perron is if we got Tavares and O’Reilly and traded Galchenyuk/Drouin and Pacioretty
We have zero centres and as of right now , no player on our roster is gonna net us a centre
Subban and sergachev shoulda been traded for centres. That was the biggest **** up ever
We no longer have the assets to acquire a number one through trade unless you’re giving up the top 6 pick

I don't see us signing a center or getting one via trade. Might as well stock pile picks and prospects. Perron helps us do that, either by trading current roster players that he replaces and/or by trading him in a couple years.

I would also be in favor of signing OTHER UFAs to one year deals, for the sole purpose of trading them at the deadline.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I don't see us signing a center or getting one via trade. Might as well stock pile picks and prospects. Perron helps us do that, either by trading current roster players that he replaces and/or by trading him in a couple years.

I would also be in favor of signing OTHER UFAs to one year deals, for the sole purpose of trading them at the deadline.

Here’s my final view on this. Habs either get Tavares and one more centre or just rebuild the whole f***ing team
Getting players like Perron is just a patch job
Perron will not do anything in Montreal
He’s not even close to Gallagher
So you get Centres. At least 2 legit ones or tear this team down

Reactions: Cobra Commander

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

Only players in their mid 30's will be willing to sign a 1 or 2 years deal. Perron will be looking at a long term deal.

Reactions: Runner77

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Do we make an effort to sign David Peron if Vegas can't afford him?

I say yes. We need as much talent as we can get.

It gives us another asset. We can move other wingers for the assets needed to get a center/left d.
No, no, and no, we need to tank for a few years.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
James Neal is a better option but again stressing the fact that he’s getting older. I would use that money to throw at Tavares.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Perron had that bad concussion when Joe Thornton hit him many years ago and he missed 97 straight games and he has 3 goals in 42 career playoff games.....Zero interest in Perron.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Give him a ELC for 7 years and we'll do just fine with his contract. Bum.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
He does not want to play for the Habs. Sadly - I'm afraid Marc will offer him 7-8 mill and then roll him out at centre next season.

He wanted to come here when he was UFA 2 years ago but Bergevin turned him down. Actually Bergevin made him an offer for 1 year but Perron wanted 2. This came from Perron’s mouth.

That being said, too late now. We don’t need him and we have too many like him. We need godamn centers.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
James Neal is a better option but again stressing the fact that he’s getting older. I would use that money to throw at Tavares.

But James Neal does not want to sign here. Only reason Perron may be an option is because he's from here and was interested in coming here last time he was a UFA>

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Trade Pacioretty and Gallagher for first round picks in 2019/2020 and prospects, sign Perron for a year, trade him at the deadline for more picks and prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->