David Pastrnak: will he get to the HHOF?

Will Pastrnak get to the HHOF?

• Total voters

FrankSidebottom

Mar 16, 2021
David Pastrnak, 26.
Of course he’s still too young and it’s too early to say definitely, but what do you think as of now and projecting his career?

RS: 530GP-253G-534P.
PO: 70GP-30G-74P
Hart: 4-19
Point finishes: 4-19-21-26
1x AS-1
1x Richard

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
He needs at least a few more seasons at the calibre of his 2019-20 season.

Given he's had a few down seasons since then and has only now started to get back to that level at 26 (assuming he maintains it), I think HHOF is possible but unlikely unless he has a better stretch in his late 20s than he did in his early to mid 20s. I see him as a likely borderline case and one of the "hall of very good" players.

Last edited:

Boreal01

Nov 3, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Would need more individual hardware (Hart/Rocket), multiple Cups or some significant international success (WCOH/Olympic gold)

Can certainly see him achieving any one of those but I could also see him finishing his career as a first ballot "Hall of Very Good" player so I opted for 50/50

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
He needs at least a few more seasons at the calibre of his 2019-20 season.

Given he's had a few down seasons since then and has only now started to get back to that level at 26 (assuming he maintains it), I think HHOF is possible but unlikely unless he has a better stretch in his late 20s than he did in his early to mid 20s. I see him as a likely borderline case and one of the "hall of very good" players.

Would need more individual hardware (Hart/Rocket), multiple Cups or some significant international success (WCOH/Olympic gold)

Can certainly see him achieving any one of those but I could also see him finishing his career as a first ballot "Hall of Very Good" player so I opted for 50/50
All of this seems to be strict criteria, especially considering some of the players who are already in the Hall of Fame.

When were Dino Ciccarelli, Dave Andreychuk, Bernie Federko, etc. ever as good of players as Pastrnak has been in the last 5 years or so?

Those players never came close to winning any Harts or Rockets. Andreychuk did get a Stanley Cup, but I wouldn't rank him as even a top 5 player on that 2004 Lightning team.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
All of this seems to be strict criteria, especially considering some of the players who are already in the Hall of Fame.

When were Dino Ciccarelli, Dave Andreychuk, Bernie Federko, etc. ever as good of players as Pastrnak has been in the last 5 years or so?

Those players never came close to winning any Harts or Rockets. Andreychuk did get a Stanley Cup, but I wouldn't rank him as even a top 5 player on that 2004 Lightning team.
Fair, though those guys reached career milestones that Pastrnak has yet to reach.

However, the HHOF can be pretty inconsistent.

For instance, players like Turgeon, Roenick, Mogilny, Naslund at their best were better than the guys you mentioned. I'd also say all these players are around the same level or better than Pastrnak. Yet none of them are in the HHOF.

Another example. Zubov was better than Lowe and Housley yet those 2 are in the HHOF and Zubov is not.

The HHOF's criteria, if they even have any, just sucks.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Does anyone know how Pastrnak stacks up against other players in terms of goals or points through age 26?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Fair, though those guys reached career milestones that Pastrnak has yet to reach.

However, the HHOF can be pretty inconsistent.

For instance, players like Turgeon, Roenick, Mogilny, Naslund at their best were better than the guys you mentioned. I'd also say all these players are around the same level or better than Pastrnak. Yet none of them are in the HHOF.

Another example. Zubov was better than Lowe and Housley yet those 2 are in the HHOF and Zubov is not.

The HHOF's criteria, if they even have any, just sucks.
He is in.

Took forever though.

Reactions: Felidae

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad