David Meckler leading the OHL playoffs in goals.

Mr_Jones*

He's got 13 goals in 11 games so far. Second place is 3 goals back. So whats the deal with this kid? Is he playing with Kane or Gagner or what? Does he actually have some talent?

Kings took him with the 134th pick in 06. In his draft year, he went a meager 7-3-10 for Yale, but according to Al Murray (former Kings head scout), he was playing with some kind of broken limb. There's some credence to that, given that he scored 30 goals (T-3rd) in the USHL as a 17-year-old.

Any comments about this guy? Whats his story?

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
he does play on the first PP unit though where he scored 6 of his 7 goals in the SSM series (dont know what he did in the first round)

Last edited:

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Meckler is on a line right now with Sergei Kostitsyn and Adam Perry which in my mind is one of the better put together lines in the league... with Sergei working all his magic with the puck... Adam sits infront of ht enet and causes all sorts of heck, and Meckler sits and wait for the one timer. I hope Dale keeps that line together.

Meckler is an odd prospect... is a huge leader, tries his arse off, can shoot the crap outta the puck and has an amazing quick release on one timers... can't really stick handle, is a get the puck skate straight type of player, and plain and simple loves to shoot. No matter where he is on the ice nine times outta ten if he gets the puck on the goal line he'll still shoot. You miss every shot you dont take i guess. lol

GSK*

He got goals because Kostitsyn is an awesome playmaker... Thats it!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
he has to crack the kings lineup first....i dont see him making the big show. he wants to either go to medical/ law school.

He plans on doing that when his playing career is over. If he planned on attending med or law school, why waste time playing for the London Knights when he could have still been in school at Yale?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Meckler is an odd prospect... is a huge leader, tries his arse off, can shoot the crap outta the puck and has an amazing quick release on one timers... can't really stick handle, is a get the puck skate straight type of player, and plain and simple loves to shoot. No matter where he is on the ice nine times outta ten if he gets the puck on the goal line he'll still shoot. You miss every shot you dont take i guess. lol

Sounds A LOT like Michael Ryder. Aside from the leadership part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad