David Laliberté

SaveHextall

Nov 21, 2006
Westchester, NY
He was a 4th rounder in '04 with the Flyers but was never signed b/c of a freak injury to his back that led to sharp pains in his legs.

He's played in the Q for a few year, but seem like he may be on his way back from the injury in full force.

44-41-85 in 60 games for PEI in the Q this year.

Has anybody seen him play this year or have anything to add concerning his future?

shea

Sep 14, 2006
I've seen him play about 15-20 times this year. I expect him to be signed to an AHL contract at the end of the year. Like you said he probably would have been signed by the Flyers if he didn't get the injury that kept him out for a year. He has a good shot, he'll come close to getting 50 this year. The 1 think I think he is missing is some top end speed. He is not scared to go into the corners and will drop the gloves now and then. He may sign with the Flyers at the end of the year, I beleive he was sill in contact with them even after they didn't sign him.

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
I have seen him play about 25 games or so this season and agree with what shea was saying about Laliberte's play. To add to Shea's post, he had to be signed by the Flyers prior to last june/july which of course hadn't happened. But he was invited back to camp and did attend the Flyer's camp last fall even though they didn't own his rights anymore.

Hextall was here for a game a couple of weeks ago, and according to someone on another message board, apparently was also at a Rocket road game. One of the players he was supposedly scouting was Laliberte for the Kings AHL team. As far as being an effective NHL'er, not exactly sure what you mean by effective but if he were to make the NHL, it would likely be as a 4th liner or 3rd liner tops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->