David Frost faces multiple sexual assault and exploitation charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haute Couture

Feb 27, 2002
Bay of Pigs
Visit site
Now, I swear when I first researched the whole Sheldon Kennedy thing after he came out with a book, I was thoroughly appalled at Graham James. Then there's the John Kordic story that I came across when I was researching it more, as he went through the apparent character change when he played in Portland for some now-deceased coach with similar accusations.. And then I remembered the whole Mike Danton story and its conspicuous oddity and thought that this David Frost guy had sooooo many similar signs pointing to his wrong-doing.. The saddest thing is that all these perverts at some point had a lot of support "from above" and any initiative taken to investigate them over all these years has been mysteriously thwarted. And even when you hear these guys speak out - I mean, they're so psychologically traumatized that you never get the whole story out of them. Everyone's keeping quiet, guys like Theo Fleury and countless more, those who we probably know very well - but no one's talking.

Another sad thing here is that as far as I remember, the reason why James was able to get away so easily was because his defence was able to prove that many of the acts committed were consensual in nature. These coaches, agents, mentors - they're like parents, idols, gods to these kids... So despicable, vile, and disgusting all this is.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Poetic justice would be to cell him up with Danton and watch him get shanked......Free Mike Danton, he was only doing the system that let him down a favor.:madfire: These creeps are given far too easy access to our kids and everyone who ever vouched for this predator should be bounced frpm arenas everywhere. The Danton case should be revisited, there's obviously some mental health issues caused by abuse. Scary when someone would be so ashamed or damaged that they would resort to contract killings. Who's to say it wasn't a joint effort between a few of the abused?? I know that could be grasping at straws but that'd be par for the course with this story. Please Casterate:handclap:

Reactions: Yall are crazy

Wetcoaster

Perhaps someone with a background in law could shed some light on this, but what does a sexual exploitation charge indicate? I won't post unsupported rumors, but what I've heard suggests that it is a situation rather different than the one Graham James was involved with, where he actually did the touching.

Not supporting the ******* at all, but I think there might be some confusion here as to what the charges actually accuse him of doing.
It usually involves actual touching.

Sexual exploitation refers to the position of trust/authority the accused has over the victim based on age ("young person" - aged 14 but less than 18). It involves actual touching or incitement to do so similar to charges for victims under 14 years of age but obviates the defence of consent because the the accused's position.

Sexual interference (s.151) or invitation to sexual touching (s.152) would be the charge if the person is under 14 years of age.

After the age of 14 consent can be a defence unless the accused is in a position of trust or authority and then it covers the ages from 14 up to 18.

Here is the wording and definitions from the Criminal Code of Canada:
Sexual exploitation
153. (1) Every person commits an offence who is in a position of trust or authority towards a young person, who is a person with whom the young person is in a relationship of dependency or who is in a relationship with a young person that is exploitative of the young person, and who

(a) for a sexual purpose, touches, directly or indirectly, with a part of the body or with an object, any part of the body of the young person; or

(b) for a sexual purpose, invites, counsels or incites a young person to touch, directly or indirectly, with a part of the body or with an object, the body of any person, including the body of the person who so invites, counsels or incites and the body of the young person.

Punishment
(1.1) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1)

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of forty-five days; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of fourteen days.

Inference of sexual exploitation
(1.2) A judge may infer that a person is in a relationship with a young person that is exploitative of the young person from the nature and circumstances of the relationship, including

(a) the age of the young person;

(b) the age difference between the person and the young person;

(c) the evolution of the relationship; and

(d) the degree of control or influence by the person over the young person.

Definition of “young personâ€
(2) In this section, “young person†means a person fourteen years of age or more but under the age of eighteen years.
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/267262.html

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
It usually involves actual touching.

Sexual exploitation refers to the position of trust/authority the accused has over the victim based on age ("young person" - aged 14 but less than 18). It involves actual touching or incitement to do so similar to charges for victims under 14 years of age but obviates the defence of consent because the the accused's position.

Sexual interference (s.151) or invitation to sexual touching (s.152) would be the charge if the person is under 14 years of age.

After the age of 14 consent can be a defence unless the accused is in a position of trust or authority and then it covers the ages from 14 up to 18.

Here is the wording and definitions from the Criminal Code of Canada:

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/267262.html

Hey, thanks for the update. That sheds different light on it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->