Rumor: David Desharnais signing in the KHL

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
He has the potential to be an impact player instead of a just a depth guy likes he's been lately. Wish him all the best.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
I always liked DD, he tried hard (despite his size), always quiet and respectful, and quite frankly never liked the bullying he received during his time in Montreal, especially by our fat short loser ex-mayor at the time. I thought he was a good playmaking center, who would win draws and easily put up anywhere between around 50 points a year. Unfortunately he was misplaced in Montreal (similarly like they’ve done with Galchenyuk and Drouin), which I believed ruined him, because we had no centre depth at all. He should’ve been a number 2-3 center at best. But was expected to be more than he was due to our imconpetence as an organization to draft or trade for centres. However, he had great chemistry with Pacioretty who consistently scored 30 plus goals a season with him as his centreman.

Reactions: TSN Jdog

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don't understand why he would do that now? I mean, it could definitely be an option in August when the KHL starts up, why not wait until then and see if an NHL team is interested?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I don't understand why he would do that now? I mean, it could definitely be an option in August when the KHL starts up, why not wait until then and see if an NHL team is interested?
Waiting until the last minute to move halfway around the world isn't ideal when you have a wife and kid. The KHL probably offers more earning potential in the next few years as well, even if he's working on a 1 year deal.

Phoicon

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.
Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
I guess I misread it I thought he meant he had the ability to be an impact player in the NHL.

He was just fine with the Rangers. Good 3rd liner. If he is motivated and in shape he can go PPG in the KHL.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
DD has a good amount of skill, especially as a playmaker

Slow the game down a bit, give him more time and space and #1 PP time with the team best players.. yeah i think he'll be a good one over there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->