Signing(s): David Culley is the Texans next HC

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Lol this is probably the only dude who’d take the job

I doubt EB wants to go to this shithole

I certainly feel that is part of it. Hence why Houston made the hire that they did.

However there has to be some truth that Bienamy either just bombs interviews or that folks believe he is a byproduct of Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I certainly feels that is part of. Hence why Houston made the hire that they did.

However there has to be some truth that Bienamy either just bombs interviews or that folks believe he is a byproduct of Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes.
EB interviewed with other teams as well. I think he met with 5 of the 7 at least. Plus a couple last season. So he’s met with 7 or more teams in the past 2 seasons.

12 teams have changed coaches in the pst 2 seasons. So next season likely another 4-6. So half of the nfl teams in a span of 3 seasons with EB as KC OC will have looked for a new coach. See if he lands somewhere.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Coach A
131-122-3 (.518) with 0-7 playoff record

Coach B
66-46 (.589) with 1-4 playoff record

Coach C
52-48 (.520) with 2-4 playoff record

If Coach A isn't a bad coach then surely Coach B and Coach C are not bad head coaches and deserve 2nd jobs , Right?
Mike Smith had Matt Ryan and lost numerous playoff appearances at home. As did Bill Obrien. I wouldn't hire any of them. I'm glad we got 7 new first time headcoaches and not recycled ones.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I don't understand this hiring at all.

Let the Eric Bieniemy fanboys erupt with rage.
Not sure Eric Bieniemy fan boys exist. Its more people who want to see black coaches get opportunities.

So minorities got 28% of the open jobs which is basically in line with the percentage of minorities in the general population. Sounds good to me.
This would make sense if NFL players wasn't 70% black.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Yawn, guess teams should try Marvin and Romeo again... Same with Frazier and Bowles. Bieniemy probably didnt want the Texans job, though there are questions about his past and apparently doesnt interview well.

Seems like Frazier was the runner up for this job.

He helped right the ship a bit for the Vikings after the 2010 debacle and got the playoffs in 2012 on Adrian Peterson's back but he really wasn't a good coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad