David Booth signs a 1 year 2-Way Deal

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
so how can we possibly afford AA now? Trade in coming or has KH given up with athanasiou?

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
I like our F depth. If only our defense wasn't a hot burning pile of garbage. We would be an okay team.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
so how can we possibly afford AA now? Trade in coming or has KH given up with athanasiou?

We were always going to have to trade Sheahan or similar to have it work with the cap comfortably with re-signing AA as soon as he didn't go for one year, 1.25M.

They can still do so.

Signing Booth actually gives them an opportunity to make sure they are fully utilizing Franzen's LTIR hit.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Two-way contract? Nice. Nothing to lose here.

Two way contract doesn't mean anything. Just that he makes less actual money if sent down. Cap hit is going to be under 1M, for certain, so 100% buriable if Booth realizes by game 10 that he's over the hill.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
meh.

If this is Holland's "sign an over the hill vet for a farewell tour" for the season, I'm happy with it.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Goes to show how lucky you have to be to make in this league soemtimes. if AA didn't hold out and if Bertuzzi stayed healthy Booth is likely is on his way back to Russia.

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
Smart signing and a good contract. I didn't want either of the PTO guys to get a contract, but after watching at least 3 or 4 full games, there's no denying that Booth has played very, very well. I have no problem with this signing.

Reactions: Ezekial

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
After 1 game, Booth has been the worst player in Scoring chances For/Against. And has 0 starts from defensive zone.

Witkowski was far better than him at same role vs. Ottawa.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
After 1 game, Booth has been the worst player in Scoring chances For/Against. And has 0 starts from defensive zone.

Witkowski was far better than him at same role vs. Ottawa.
Booth and Witkowski and "same role" don't belong in the same sentence. Witkowski is a big bodied energy guy there for his teammates who can step back to D if need be. Booth had a fantastic pre-season, and honestly it's stupid putting him on the fourth line with suck holes like Sheahan. Booth should be playing top 9 (at least try it) or not playing. Witkowski is a 4th liner made for the 4th line who hustles his ass off.

Reactions: martinez

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So you informed the same thing.

Booth was fine at preseason, I also noticed that, but those are not real games. The intensity is not there.

Booth should not be playing. Can't wait Svech and Bert back from IR...

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Svech is going straight back to GRG and sucked in those preseason games that meant nothing and nobody was trying....

He did only play 2 games. But thinking long term with honesty about the strength of this roster, are the Wings in a position to hold back 1st round picks that are physically developed enough? We ain't winning the Cup anytime soon. I'm fine with Svech on the 4th line and practicing with the big club. In 6 months he has a better chance of growing into someone that can help the team more than Witkowski or Booth ever will.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
So you informed the same thing.

Booth was fine at preseason, I also noticed that, but those are not real games. The intensity is not there.

Booth should not be playing. Can't wait Svech and Bert back from IR...
Bert yes, svech no. Bert is more suited and ready for a spot on the team on the 4th line. Svech needs a little work, not a lot, a little.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Can't expect much offense or anything from Booth on the 4th line, playing with Sheahan. Booth is either top 9 or out, not suited for a 4th line energy role. That Blashill doesn't know this, is concerning, as is most of the decisions he makes. Obviously Witkowski is going to fill the energy, aggression role of the 4th line better than an offensive minded player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->