Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Teammattes

Both born in 1986

Both are draft eligible in 2004

and both guys have similar numbers to start 2003/2004

Bolland has quietly put up 28 goals as a 17 yr old

Who is better between the two and what are their weaknesses and strengths?

gohabsgo2010

Feb 28, 2003
sign Patrick Poulin
Bolland. He's got the smarts and the skills. Excellent penalty killer, and the best player on the Knights, despite getting 2nd powerplay unit time.

David Bolland is better than Schremp and Perry.

leafaholix*

jl.roberts said:
Bolland. He's got the smarts and the skills. Excellent penalty killer, and the best player on the Knights, despite getting 2nd powerplay unit time.

David Bolland is better than Schremp and Perry.
You see them often?

gohabsgo2010

Feb 28, 2003
sign Patrick Poulin
go pierre hedin said:
You see them often?

Very often. ;)

Schremp's a treat to watch, but he doesn't like to show up every night in my opinion. At 17, Schremp has two more points than Bolland and six less goals. Bolland is a great penalty killer, and has three of his goals short handed, too. As to who I'd rather have shooting the puck from in tight, it's a toss up. I've seen both players score some very pretty goals. In David Bolland, I see a guy who isn't always the fastest player or the prettiest skater, but he picks his spot and can beat most of the defenceman in the OHL quite easily. To be honest, I expect Schremp to drop in the rankings and Bolland to go quite higher than Corey Perry did last year. Perry is tearing up the league, but I think when all's said and done Bolland will be the more effective NHL-er. Afterall, Perry and his big lanky frame only put seasons of 58 and 78 points prior to being drafted.

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
jl.roberts said:
Very often. ;)

Schremp's a treat to watch, but he doesn't like to show up every night in my opinion. At 17, Schremp has two more points than Bolland and six less goals. Bolland is a great penalty killer, and has three of his goals short handed, too. As to who I'd rather have shooting the puck from in tight, it's a toss up. I've seen both players score some very pretty goals. In David Bolland, I see a guy who isn't always the fastest player or the prettiest skater, but he picks his spot and can beat most of the defenceman in the OHL quite easily. To be honest, I expect Schremp to drop in the rankings and Bolland to go quite higher than Corey Perry did last year. Perry is tearing up the league, but I think when all's said and done Bolland will be the more effective NHL-er. Afterall, Perry and his big lanky frame only put seasons of 58 and 78 points prior to being drafted.

I completely agree, have seen a few Knights games myself and to me Bolland is better than Shremp and Perry. I am not saying Shremp sucks, he looks good too but he has holes in his game, same with Perry, where as Bolland looks like he does everything and he carries his weight offensively.

He plays 3rd line, 2nd pp, and is putting up more goals than Shremp and Perry, while being the teams best PKer and a top defensive forward. He seems quick to me, especially when he needs to be to create chances. Perry and Shremp may have more offensive skills, but Bolland seems to have very high Hockey smarts.

Hype may make most people say Shremp, but those who see Knights games will probably tell you Bolland.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad