Dave Strader Appreciation Thread

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
All he did for the Coyotes I really appreciated and I realized how lucky the team was to have the best in the business. Loved that he went back to doing some national games. I will definitely miss him.

RufusG

May 23, 2017
Very sad. He was a pro and it seemed like it came very naturally to him, he didn't distract from the game at all. He made it easier to watch the game.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Oh this is not the news I wanted to start my day with. f***. RIP Strader, you were always my favorite announcer.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Man this sucks, I knew the odds were against him but was hoping they could find a way to help him beat it. RIP Strades, you were an awesome play by play guy, you and Panger will always be the gold standard for Coyotes fans!

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
A long time ago my dad and I were invited to a fans lunch thing with Doan, Nash, Pang, and Strader at Abuelo's (IIRC) near Mayo/Scottsdale. Apparently it was just my dad and I who were there, so we got to have lunch with all those guys just by ourselves. As a kid, it was the best thing ever, haha. I remember how nice they all were and how fun that day was. Definitely felt like the luckiest kid in the world that day.

Strader was a good person and it sucks that he had to go through cancer. RIP Mr. Strader, Arizona was lucky to have you for the time we did. I am glad I was able to share a lunch with you.

Reactions: Naych_PHX

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
A long time ago my dad and I were invited to a fans lunch thing with Doan, Nash, Pang, and Strader at Abuelo's (IIRC) near Mayo/Scottsdale. Apparently it was just my dad and I who were there, so we got to have lunch with all those guys just by ourselves. As a kid, it was the best thing ever, haha. I remember how nice they all were and how fun that day was. Definitely felt like the luckiest kid in the world that day.

Strader was a good person and it sucks that he had to go through cancer. RIP Mr. Strader, Arizona was lucky to have you for the time we did. I am glad I was able to share a lunch with you.

That's sounds freaking awesome. Definitely lucky. Thanks for the story.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
That's sounds freaking awesome. Definitely lucky. Thanks for the story.
Thanks! Yea, I was expecting it to be one of those things with a bunch of other people and all of that but it was just us! Couldn't believe that, haha. They were all a pleasure to be around, for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad