Dave Andreychuk is finally going into the HHOF!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Terrible addition to the Hall of Fame. Great guy and former captain but not HHOF material.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
He's #30 all time in points, #14 all time in goals, #1 in PP goals, #7 in GP, 2x All Star and Stanley Cup champion. Not a first ballot HHOF, but he deserves to be there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoek and berlin

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
640 goals, 11th ALL TIME, the man deserves to be there.
He's a compiler. No post season all-stars. No Hart votes. Not particularly good defensively. Well sub PPG for his career. I don't know if he's had any top ten point finishes - not a lot of top ten goal finishes.

He was healthy and consistent, but never great.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
He's a compiler. No post season all-stars. No Hart votes. Not particularly good defensively. Well sub PPG for his career. I don't know if he's had any top ten point finishes - not a lot of top ten goal finishes.

He was healthy and consistent, but never great.
I don’t care, if you finish your career ranked 11th all time in goals scored you deserve to be there. Let’s not forget #1 all time ppg.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don’t care, if you finish your career ranked 11th all time in goals scored you deserve to be there.
I mean - that's the argument that ultimately got him in. It's a bad argument though - mediocre player in a high scoring era who was largely healthy compiles a lot of points isn't a very convincing resume to me. He was never among the best players in the league. He was never a centerpiece on a great team. He was just there.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don’t care, if you finish your career ranked 11th all time in goals scored you deserve to be there. Let’s not forget #1 all time ppg.

Complied through an inflated scoring era. I'd rather recognize elite talents.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The equivalent in today game is a guy who scores 55 points annually and occasionally hits the high 60's.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think being a guy that is able to stay around that long is noteworthy by itself, but being around into his mid 40's also hurt his PPG. From his rookie season (1982-83) until he was 35 (1999-00), he was 13th in league scoring over that time frame and averaged .91 PPG. He averaged almost 30 goals a year for his career and is one of the highest scoring LW in history.

He was one of THE guys with Buffalo along with Gilbert Perreault (HHOF). Had the most points of any Sabre during his tenure there and averaged 1.01 PPG.

He was one of THE guys with Toronto along with Doug Gilmore (HHOF). Had the 2nd most points and most goals of any Maple Leaf during his tenure and averaged .98 PPG.

He was in his mid 30's with the Devils and was still one of their top scorers. After that his scoring went down, but he was also in his late 30's and early 40's.

Like I said, not a 1st ballot HHOF, but he deserves to get in eventually. Not a super prolific scorer but he was one of the top guys everywhere he went until age caught up with him.

Reactions: Hoek and berlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad