Datsyuk joins Triple Gold Club

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Sure it does.... it's kind of like winning be default.

And in shortened seasons you are still playing the same teams and the same players.... but if one year half the league played their AHL rosters instead of NHL rosters damn right there should be an asterisk
I mean every team was missing some important players. Obviously some teams we're more affected than others but still don't think it's fair to say these medals deserve less recognition.

I wasn't comparing this year's olympics to shortened seasons either. Just saying I don't believe in those asterisk posts. I should've been more clear.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Triple Gold club includes the Stanley Cup? Since when? I thought it was World Juniors, World Championship and Olympics. As in three Gold Medals..?

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Congrats to Pavel! While no longer a superstar he once was, he's finishing his career with such a remerkable feat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Triple Gold club includes the Stanley Cup? Since when? I thought it was World Juniors, World Championship and Olympics. As in three Gold Medals..?

No. It's Stanley Cup, World Championship, and Olympics. I agree that it's not the most accurate description.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
He's definitely in the club, but the WC's don't mean much to me since they aren't close to best-on-best, and this medal obviously has the asterisk of being won in a non-NHL Olympics.

I mean, it is the same way with his 2002 cup, where he was, what, the fourth-line center? It technically counts, but really?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Took him 8 years longer than Toews... :sarcasm:

Awesome for him though, Datsyuk's basically the only reason I don't mind OAR winning :handclap:

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Solid guy, I'm happy for him. Always thought and still think that he was the best Russian player of his era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad