Darkhorse Prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bure94

Wayne Gretzky ... :sarcasm:

From the home team, I think Kevin Bieksa has a very good shot at surprising a lot of people. He's being regarded as a young Chelios the way he handles the backend.

freakazoid

May 9, 2005
Canada
Michalek9 said:
Well winning CHL goalie of the year and then dominating the AHL and getting to the All-Rookie team while being robbed of the Calder is not really the characteristics of a dark horse, but indeed Ward will kick Gerber out and be a decent #1 this year and own the league for years to come. From what I have seen, he is a sick talent stuck in Carolina, but when he gets to the NHL everyone will notice him, big time.

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
RENE BOURQUE wasnt drafted come out of the prospects camp went on to be on of the top players in the AHL, rookie of the year and scored 30+ goals. hardest slapshot winner, All star.

What more of a perfect season could he have personally?

Look for 40-50 points if he maks the chicago second line open spot. But if not 30-40 is reasonable.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Niklas Nordgren for the Carolina Hurricanes. He just signed a deal that brings him to NA for the first time in his career. He's 25 years old, has been seasoned quite a bit as a leading scorer in the SEL for a long time, and even played better hockey than Fredrick Modin for Timra last season, by most accounts.

Most have called him a P.J. Axelsson type player with a little more offensive upside, but we'll wait and see.

Michalek9

Sep 2, 2004
Saskatoon, Sask
freakazoid said:
Well winning CHL goalie of the year and then dominating the AHL and getting to the All-Rookie team while being robbed of the Calder is not really the characteristics of a dark horse, but indeed Ward will kick Gerber out and be a decent #1 this year and own the league for years to come. From what I have seen, he is a sick talent stuck in Carolina, but when he gets to the NHL everyone will notice him, big time.

True enough, but he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Haha he's my pick for rookie of the year. Only a matter of time before he starts in Carolina this year.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I look for Colin McDonald (Oilers prospect) to have a very good season. He started off last year in Providence with something like 6 goals in 6 games till he went down with an injury that hindered him for the rest of the season.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
my long shot is valtteri filppula, a few injuries like last year and him playing great in grand rapids, who knows, he may see some time if there are a ton of injuries OR if we cant get the other 2 kids signed

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
I agree with Jarkko Immonen, and possably Lundy if he can adjust to the ice surface without AHL time. :teach:

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Ahren Nittel

He could score 20 goals easily. Or he could revert back to 2003 form and score 5.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
offensive d-man Chris Campoli wasn't drafted the first time he entered the draft,went to the Leafs prospect camp and didn't get offered a deal.

Isles took him in the 7th round of the 2004 draft.He had a good yr at Bridgeport,being named to the all-rookie team.He looks like a good bet to join the isles this season.

SenatorPhil

May 16, 2004
The Sens darkhorse prospect is IMO Christoph Schubert if he lands a spot on the bottom D pairing.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
CREW99AW said:
offensive d-man Chris Campoli wasn't drafted the first time he entered the draft,went to the Leafs prospect camp and didn't get offered a deal.

Isles took him in the 7th round of the 2004 draft.He had a good yr at Bridgeport,being named to the all-rookie team.He looks like a good bet to join the isles this season.

He also went through a Columbus Blue Jackets camp unsigned.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Kahnberg is staying over in Sweden for one more season. Hopefully he can make it over next year though I'm not going to count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->