Dany Roussin

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
He seems to be heating up again scoring 4 goals and an assist I believe it was, in his last game.

Although Team Canada forwards are stacked, do you think that it's possible if he plays well, that he gets a shot at team Canada. He's way way out in front in the Q in goal scoring and is gaining in the scoring race. I hear his chemistry with Crosby is unreal, but I think anyone would have unreal chemistry with Crosby. I know Sutter said no more Q players, but Roussin deserves an invite to the Camp IMO if he keeps his current pace up.

Also, in the event that the Draft was redone knowing how he did last year and is doing this year, where do you think he would've gone??? I'd think second round. It dropped off later in the first round, so IMO he could be an early second round pick but a big stretch at a first round pick, that's a bit too far IMO.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
I know Roussin very well and he is far from a very good player.
He can score if he have a really good center.
Alone he wouldnt score.

Last edited:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
1. There are better players for team Canada, especially given the lockout situation.

2. He wouldn't go on the 1st day of the draft, even if it were redone. He's a prototypical example of a high-scoring CHL player who probably won't advance past the AHL.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Epsilon said:
1. There are better players for team Canada, especially given the lockout situation.

2. He wouldn't go on the 1st day of the draft, even if it were redone. He's a prototypical example of a high-scoring CHL player who probably won't advance past the AHL.
Exacly

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Epsilon said:

Exactly Exactly.

There is no way Roussin could make Team Canada. At best for him, he'd have to be a player on the top two lines just riding Crosby's coattails for familiarity's sake if the team was really weak or really decimated by injuries or losses to the NHL. But with the current situation and a strong team, I don't think he'd make even the 7th line.

As for redoing the draft? Well, I suppose he might go a little higher, sure, on sheer numbers. But then Jeremy Williams went around the same spot with good sheer numbers too. So not Day 1. I would be shocked if Roussin makes the NHL. Happy, mind you, since I drafted him in my FHL, but from what I've seen of him this year, shocked all the same.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Blackshad said:
Alone he wouldnt score.
Well, the panthers in the future will have Olli Jokinen, Steve Weiss, Rostislav Olesz, Nedorost, and Nathan Horton all as capable centers with OJ, Weiss, and Olesz potentially being centers, all one day potentially being NHL allstars maybe, although at least they will be very solid 2nd liners in the NHL most likely.

FLA needs players who can put the puck in the net. Sheer goal scorers. Stefan Meyer out with Medicine Hat in the WHL is a sniper I hear and is scoring a lot in the tight defensive WHL. Roussin may get a shot in FLA based on the need for a player who can put the puck in the NHL and Jokinen, Weiss, and Olesz all may be very good centers, OJ already being a great center.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Mid 2nd round. Not bad for a seventh round pick. Seems to on par with Pouliot, or almost, and a lot more resilient. Pouliot seems to hit too much sometimes taking himself out of the play, although as captain it might be a "set the tone thing". Roussin picks his spots. Appears to be defensively sound. Close to the Q lead in +/-. (Yeah I know it's driven by his/Crosby's/Pouliots offence but he wouldn't be there without being defensively responsibly)

Tough call on the NHL. If he keeps improving he's a second line sniper. Hard to see him on a checking/grinding linebut you never know.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
Epsilon said:

Only in the Q, Dixon, Pouliot, Bernier, Picard and Bourett would be better for the needs of team Canada

bruins4777*

interesting...

Well i'm hoping he suprises all of you and makes the nhl and starts lighting it up. :D

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Epsilon said:

Agreed 100%.

People take his numbers and now he's the most overrated prospect ever. Saying he'd go high second round. Jesus...

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Blackshad said:
Alone he wouldnt score.

So you know Roussin very well? How?

I'm from Rimouski and I'll not defend the guy. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of him. But we have to give him what he deserves.

Last year, he was playing with Crosby and everybody said that it was because of him that Roussin had such a great season. But this year, he played more with Pouliot than with Crosby. What's the result? He continues to score a lot of goals.

Sure Pouliot is a great player. But he is not the perfect example of consistency you have to admit. The fact is that Roussin is one of the best pure goal scorers in the Q league.

And BTW, alone, even Crosby wouldn't score ;)

This is why we need a TEAM!

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
TheShadow said:
Question...

Does everyone have a similar opinion of Roussin's teammate Zbynek Hrdel?

He has talent. But he has a terrible lack of consistency. That's a bit like a Dany Stewart even if Stewart has more talent.

And for those who saw Roussin played only two or three times, please be honest with you. You can't judge of a hockey player by only having see him played some times.

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
The guy is 6'2, 195, and he has 83 goals in 98 games in the last season and a half.

I'm not sure if he's a future superstar or not, but he has proven 2 things in the last year and a half:

1. he can finish
2. he can play on the top 2 lines

Sure, i've seen him quite a bit and he's not impressive every game, but neither was John Leclair ;)

The guy has decent size, can put the puck in the net, is fine defensively and has not always played with Crosby. He still scores without him.

I would say that NO, he won't make team canada, but YES, he has a good shot of playing in the NHL.

I do hope he makes it and lights it up :)

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Roussin

The couple of time I've seen him I wasn't impressed, how he does so well I can't understand, he seems to have lucky bounce, easy goal or things like that... I doubt he makes the NHL on a regular basis... but the same was said of Lucky Luke Robitaille.

I doubt he makes it... but nothing is impossible :dunno:

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
He is a boom or bust. He will either be a second line winger or will do nothing in the NHL. Pherhaps more likely to be the latter. One thing he has going for him is he was drafted by the Panthers who need a pure scorer. Roussin is a good goal scorer. Crosby helps him but he has proved he doesn't need him. Great pick for 7th round. Anybody would be happy to pick him up in the 7th round. I'd say he go mid 3rd round if the draft was redone.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
perezhogin_19 said:
So you know Roussin very well? How?

I'm from Rimouski and I'll not defend the guy. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of him. But we have to give him what he deserves.

Last year, he was playing with Crosby and everybody said that it was because of him that Roussin had such a great season. But this year, he played more with Pouliot than with Crosby. What's the result? He continues to score a lot of goals.

Sure Pouliot is a great player. But he is not the perfect example of consistency you have to admit. The fact is that Roussin is one of the best pure goal scorers in the Q league.

And BTW, alone, even Crosby wouldn't score ;)

This is why we need a TEAM!
I saw 5 games of the oceanic this season and 3 at least last year + the 2 remax games.
He is like Jonathan Boutin of Shawinigan last year, his kind of style of play works in the CHL, but not in any other level... (And i'm a Cataractes fan).
He seem to always get garbage goals... rebounds, lucky deflexion.. goals like this.

Man some players that make it to the NHL are able to score goals alone.
Roussin is not a playmaker.. he is a scorer.
Vrbata was one, he was able to score goals alone.
Dupuis was one, (powerfoward), same here.
Same goes with alot of players...

Last edited:

bruins4777*

From what i'm hearing, it sounds like dany roussin is the next simon gamache? :dunno:

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
bruins4777 said:
From what i'm hearing, it sounds like dany roussin is the next simon gamache? :dunno:

:lol Good comparaison...I think he realy has the potentiel to be :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->