Dany Roussin

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreek

Feb 28, 2002
New York
Visit site
Hello- Can anyone provide me with a scouting report on Dany Roussin? He was a 7th round pick but according to I believe Neil Smith or another respected GM in Hockey New's season preview he is the #10 ranked player from the 2003 draft a season after the draft. That is a dramatic jump for a player. Is Dany really that good? Who does he compare to in the NHL? What type of pro do you see him becoming? How does he compare with the likes of Dustin Brown, Patrick O'Sullivan, Corey Perry, Steve Bernier, MA Pouliot, Eric Staal and other top 2003 prospects from 2003? Thanks!

CoolburnIsGone

RaTcine said:
He's the guy who plays with Sidney Crosby.
That helps.
Except he continues to play well without Crosby like recently with Sidney injured :rolleyes:

Being that I was once the Panthers writer and have spoken to head of Panthers scouting Scott Luce, the organization is VERY high on Dany. He didn't totally stand out or look out of place at the rookie camp when I saw him back in July/August when I did speak to Scott.

He had a very unique situation his draft yr which is partially why he flew under the radar somewhat. He knew he was being traded to Rimouski at the beginning of the yr but it couldn't be completed for a while (I know Luce told me the reason but I forgot it at the moment). After the trade was completed, he was a point per game player for Oceanic. He's benefitted from having Crosby but has proven that he can score without him as well (last yr during the WJHC when Crosby was gone and now this yr when he's been injured). He probably has a good chance to be a 2nd line LW but its also possible he may never be a regular NHLer. He's a boom or bust kinda player but not bad considering FL only wasted a 7th round pick on him.

I wouldn't call him a top 10 prospect from his draft yr but one of the top 100 (maybe even top 50). He made a smart choice going back to the Q instead of trying to go to the AHL this yr as FL sent a lot of its young talent to San Antonio. He still has to prove he can do it at that level and handle the physical game to go along with his natural scoring ability.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I can't believe people are talking about him like he's going to be an NHLer. I'll be suprised if he can cut it in the AHL. He was NOTHING before he played with Crosby.

Top 10 in 2003?? Pass the bong.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Reveille said:
I can't believe people are talking about him like he's going to be an NHLer. I'll be suprised if he can cut it in the AHL. He was NOTHING before he played with Crosby.

Top 10 in 2003?? Pass the bong.

He was nothing???? Hey man the second part of 17yr old season (which Crosby was not there) he was a point per game player. And the reason he was not a point per game player before is because he only played 3 or fourt line

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Anfernic said:
He was nothing???? Hey man the second part of 17yr old season (which Crosby was not there) he was a point per game player. And the reason he was not a point per game player before is because he only played 3 or fourt line

He was playing with Pouliot that season as well. Before when he was relied upon to produce by himself, he did nothing.

He will never be an NHL regular. And I have seen him a number of times since I was interested in him ABOUT that jump in points. From what I saw, I saw a player who leetched off of better players. And it's not biased opinion since I am a pretty big Panther fan when they aren't playing the Rangers. Just not a Roussin fan in the least.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Reveille said:
He was playing with Pouliot that season as well. Before when he was relied upon to produce by himself, he did nothing.

He will never be an NHL regular. And I have seen him a number of times since I was interested in him ABOUT that jump in points. From what I saw, I saw a player who leetched off of better players. And it's not biased opinion since I am a pretty big Panther fan when they aren't playing the Rangers. Just not a Roussin fan in the least.

So radulov make points because he play with Hennessy and Pineault make points cuz he play with Bernier... etc. etc. etc.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
CrosbyIsGod said:
So radulov make points because he play with Hennessy and Pineault make points cuz he play with Bernier... etc. etc. etc.

No offense, but in terms of natural talent -

Pineault is one of the most talented prospects to come around in a long time.

Radulov is seen as many to be a Kovalev clone.

Roussin was a scrub player and a 7th round pick who ONLY hit his nitche once he began playing with Pouliot and now even more with Crosby.

Your comparisons are way off base.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Simon Gamache led the Q in scoring. Does anyone consider him a top 10 talent from 2000? (aside from that one goof on the Nucks board who claims he should have gone in the top 3)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Epsilon said:
Simon Gamache led the Q in scoring. Does anyone consider him a top 10 talent from 2000? (aside from that one goof on the Nucks board who claims he should have gone in the top 3)

Thank you.

Danny Roussin is just another flash in the pan. He'll be gone in 2 or so years.

theo_60

Sep 18, 2004
Seneque Hyacinthe (drafted by Buffalo in round 6 178th overall) scored over 86 points the year he had Reid and Gamache on his team (Simon Gamache (184), Brandon Reid (126), Stephane Veilleux (115), Eric Fortier (107), and Chris Lyness (100) all had 100+ points the same year)

My question is: Is Hyacinthe going to be better than the Sedins, Havlat, or Stefan?

Terrible year but do you get my point? It's the QMJHL, which is known for its great defensive game, oops or is it the other way around?

Many guys score over 100 points a seasons and turn into nothing...Out of the 6 listed above, Reid and Veilleux are basically the only ones who have a shot. The rest are scrubs.

As I said before Thornton/Crosby -> Knuble/Roussin who helps who out?

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Reveille said:
No offense, but in terms of natural talent -

Pineault is one of the most talented prospects to come around in a long time.

Radulov is seen as many to be a Kovalev clone.

Roussin was a scrub player and a 7th round pick who ONLY hit his nitche once he began playing with Pouliot and now even more with Crosby.

Your comparisons are way off base.

Yeah but playong on the 4th line with Sherbrooke didnt help, when he arrived to Rimouski he got a lot of points... this year Pouliot does nothing and Crosby has been injured the last 4 games but he still had points

CoolburnIsGone

Well HF seems to disagree with some of you based on their write-up of the top 20 FL prospects where Roussin was 10th:
Roussin is a smallish forward with very good playmaking skills, and an ability to finish. He has good, soft, hands and reads the ice well. It is difficult to project an expectation for Roussin because of his top linemate, but he has shown that he can produce without Crosby as well. While nobody is expecting such monstrous numbers at the NHL level, Roussin has the potential to be a second line center
Since FL has several potentail 2nd line centers, I would bet he fits better on the left side since the Panthers lack goal scorers. It would be interesting to see Roussin on Stephen Weiss' wing...I remember Gretzky saying that if Pavel Bure had Weiss dishing him the puck he (Bure) would score more goals.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7267

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
RichPanther said:
Well HF seems to disagree with some of you based on their write-up of the top 20 FL prospects where Roussin was 10th:
Since FL has several potentail 2nd line centers, I would bet he fits better on the left side since the Panthers lack goal scorers. It would be interesting to see Roussin on Stephen Weiss' wing...I remember Gretzky saying that if Pavel Bure had Weiss dishing him the puck he (Bure) would score more goals.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7267

Well Gamache could produce alone also for the time being.

And honestly, Gamache was better at the game then Roussin (IMO) and I have seen both play live a few times now.

We'll see, but I'm positive I won't be the one eating crow.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I'm from Rimouski and I think that Roussin will never make the nhl...

The guy is good but not THAT good...

Yes he still has points without Crosby but he is not dominant like he was with him...

For a 7th round pick, he was a really good choice. We never know but I think that the chances that he makes the NHL one day are pretty slims...

But at least, he's not lazy like Pouliot this year :mad:

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
perezhogin_19 said:
I'm from Rimouski and I think that Roussin will never make the nhl...

The guy is good but not THAT good...

Yes he still has points without Crosby but he is not dominant like he was with him...

For a 7th round pick, he was a really good choice. We never know but I think that the chances that he makes the NHL one day are pretty slims...

But at least, he's not lazy like Pouliot this year :mad:

Yeah Pouliot just suck this year.. if only Tobin had his hands

Alex126

Sep 23, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
But at least, he's not lazy like Pouliot this year

Totally wrong!!!!!!!
Pouliot is one of the most hard-working guy on this team but the results are just not has expected. He led the league in shots-on-goal but he have difficulties to accumulate points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->