Dansk recalled, Legace assigned

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Dansk is waiver exempt.

This is just to get Lagace some time in Chicago instead of sitting on the bench behind Subban, I'm sure.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Any thought that this means Fleury out long-term? I thought I read Dansk would have to clear waivers whenever he'd be sent back down to Chicago?
Interesting thought. Have there been any sort of updates at all this week about Fleury?

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
So Dansk can earn some BIG money and everyone is happy.
Subban will start the next 4 games.

Also because of Fleury's injury they are allowed to send down without waiver penalty later.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Also because of Fleury's injury they are allowed to send down without waiver penalty later.

Nope. Waivers happen regardless of need/want/reason for call up/assignment. (Do realize that guys like Dansk may be waiver exempt -- until they hit the games played/years limit.)

Right now VGK get nothing beneficial from Fleury being on IR. If the issue (concussion symptoms) extend (beyond ten games), MAF can be put on LTIR at which time, the team gets a bit of cap relief (they can exceed the cap max by MAF's AAV), but as the team is under, probably won't make a difference.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
They might trade one of their extra d men for a goalie.

Let's see what happens. AHL team will be scrambling for themselves as well.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I mean, you guys do have options on the trade market.

Buffalo needs defense, so Lehner could be available.

Washington needs defense, so Grubauer could be available.

Hutchinson from the Jets as well as Berra from the Ducks could be available for cheap as well. Maybe Eddie Lack as well

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad