Danrik's new GM game poll regarding cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Burke

Malakian#13 said:
please only vote if you are in the league.

what would you like to see as a salary cap or would you rather have individual budgets?

It really isn't my GM Game, it was TomasPlekanec's idea to try running one, he just asked for my help.

The nice thing about individual caps is that it is more realistic. In the real NHL, a team like Pittsburgh wouldn't have like $50 million of money to spend, but this is a fantasy league after all... I'm good either way...

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
how about the top 15 payrolls have around 10 million more than the lower 15 ? thats two really good players.

I think it would be better with a set cap though .

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Why would we have different CAP if everyone starts out the same with a fantasy snake draft?

StanleyCH25

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Yeah.. I'd vote to have a set payroll for all teams. Just as all NHL teams have different salaries, so will this league depending on the players each team will choose but the initial cap ceiling should be set to a certain amount for all teams to allow everyone the equal chance of building a competitive team. Some may opt to build for the future and some will opt to build for a Cup win.

I would also suggest building the cap around the NHL. Take the top 3 payrolls, the bottom 3 payrolls and 2 median payrolls and average it out to make the actual cap for our league or something along those lines.

Default101

i voted 50 but 55 would be good too i mean it has a big deal with how many prospects were gonna have and at what price would they come at

Jon Burke

We settled on a $45 million cap... I think it's a reasonable number, enough to work with, but if anyone has any problems with it, MSN me, PM me, post here, whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Danrik said:
We settled on a $45 million cap... I think it's a reasonable number, enough to work with, but if anyone has any problems with it, MSN me, PM me, post here, whatever.

I really don't care what the salary cap is.. $45, $50, $55 as long as it's the same for every team. BTW - I found it kinda funny how you settled on $45M and that wasn't even one of the poll options for us :D

so in other words, the poll was for nothing?!?! (j/k Danrik) just curious why $45 and why it wasn't even one of the poll options?!?!

Jon Burke

rinkrat13 said:
I really don't care what the salary cap is.. $45, $50, $55 as long as it's the same for every team. BTW - I found it kinda funny how you settled on $45M and that wasn't even one of the poll options for us :D

so in other words, the poll was for nothing?!?! (j/k Danrik) just curious why $45 and why it wasn't even one of the poll options?!?!

Basically, I thought the cap should be $45 million and Plekanec thought it should be $47, so we decided to go for the $45 million. I guess it wasn't one of the options because we didn't say "Well, we're considering a $45 million cap," we kinda just suddenly decided, "Hey $45 million would be a good cap."

I guess we basically decided to disregard the poll... :D Sorry guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->