Danrik's GM Game - Moves that need approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Burke

kovalchuk17atl said:
Wow, nice move TomasPlekanec, getting a guy who won 3 straight Norris Trophies for a 25-goal scorer, a middle 1st in a weak draft and a D-man who'll never match Lidstrom in any way, shape or form.

Agreed, it's a very nice move.

Jon Burke

sketchykg said:
The Florida Panthers have offered Olli Jokinen a 4 year deal worth $14 Million (3, 3.3, 3.7, 4).

The Florida Panthers have offered Mike Van Ryn a 2 year deal worth $4.5 million (2.2, 2.3)

Both moves need league approval.

Both of these offers have my approval.

dwaynester said:
That's four moves. Nice try. But because I don't know when I'll be around again, I'll give all of them a look-see. The trade looks fine, it's approved. The Jillson offer needs to be bumped up just a little to keep Jillson's rights (he has to recieve a 10% pay increase).
The Buffalo Sabres have announced teh following signings:

D Jeff Jillson to a 3 year, 3.75 m contract 1.2 1.25 1.3
F Mike Grier to a 1 year, 1.95 m contract
F Jochen Hecht to a 3 yr, 5m contract paying 1.6 1.6 1.8

Reports are circulating that Daniel Briere may hold out over a potential increase in his contract. Negotiations continue.

All signings, of course, require league approval.

Approved.

rinkrat13 said:
Toronto Maple Leafs

have signed:
Bryan McCabe to a $19.6M 4 year deal
year 1 - $4.3M
year 2 - $4.8M
year 3 - $5.5M
year 4 - $5M

Eric Brewer to a $16.6M 4 year deal
year 1 - $3.3M
year 2 - $3.8M
year 3 - $4.5M
year 4 - $5M

Patrik Stefan to a $6M 3 year deal
year 1 - $1.5M
year 2 - $2M
year 3 - $2.5M

*pending league approval

Looks good. Approved.

rinkrat13 said:
Pittsburgh Penguins

have signed:
Jerome Iginla to a $28.5M 3 year deal
year 1 - $9M
year 2 - $9.5M
year 3 - $10M

Mario Lemieux to a $13.5M 2 year deal
year 1 - $6.5M
year 2 - $7M

Richard Jackman to a $3.4M 3 year deal
year 1 - $800,000
year 2 - $1.2M
year 3 - $1.4M

*pending league approval

Approved.

ORBluesFan said:
After making several big moves over the past few days, some minor contract announcements out of San Jose today:

1) Scott Nichol accepted a 2 yr 1 million dollar deal (.5-.5) - slightly higher than qualifying offer of .4675 to get 2 years locked in.

2) Tom Preissing accepted a 2 yr 1.8 million dollar deal (.9-.9) - slightly higher than qualifying offer of .88 to get 2 years locked in.

3) Jim Vandermeer accepted a 3 yr 1.8 million dollar deal (.5-.6-.7) with a 4th year club option at 1 million.

Talks are still ongoing with Mike Rathje on a long term deal, though talks have reached at least a temporary impasse. Another rumor around the Tank is that the Sharks may sign recently acquired forward prospect Igor Grigorenko to an entry contract and bring him to the US to continue to evaluate his recovery from last year's horrific car wreck.

1) Approved.

2) Approved.

3) Approved.

ktownhockey said:
Colorado trade pending approval

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The avalanche have completed a deal that will change the look of their team and give them a competitive team for the next 10-15 years....

TO PIT:
Peter Forsberg
Teemu Selanne
4th round pick 04'
TO COL:
Maxime Talbot
Shawn Belle
Andy Chiodo
Alexei Morozov

We would like to commend Peter for all his passionate work for our organziation.... he will be missed.. but sometimes things change and our club needed one...

We are currently looking for a legitamate back up as Chiodo will more than likely be the starter in the AHL

The league is going to give this trade some more thought before it is given approval.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
kovalchuk17atl said:
Wow, nice move TomasPlekanec, getting a guy who won 3 straight Norris Trophies for a 25-goal scorer, a middle 1st in a weak draft and a D-man who'll never match Lidstrom in any way, shape or form.

You might want to give Backman a couple more years of NHL experience to show what he's got before you make such a bold assertion.

Just a thought...

Besides, if Lidstrom goes back to Sweden, or gets hurt, then the Islanders are screwed big time. Lidstrom's never missed more than a handful of games in any NHL season, so some might say he's overdue for a big hurt. The odds are very much against a player going fourteen years at this level without missing some significant time to injury.

Detroit got a couple of good young players, cut a big chunk out of their bloated payroll, and a first-round pick is always valuable wether this is a so-called "weak" draft or not. The Islanders got a guy who's arguably the best defenseman in the world (and certainly the only one I'd rank as equal to Pronger), but there are a few question marks hovering over his picture.

I'd say both GM's made out OK in this one. :handclap:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Exactly. I needed to cut some salary. I really like Backman and think he will develop into a top two dman. Hunter adds some Grit to a very soft top 6 forward group and the fist along with Montreal first and San Jose's second will allow me to move up into the top 5 or 6 picks of the draft. And there are some players that even if i stay where i am i like at the 15 and 18 positions.

Its not a bad deal as i get rid of 10 million dollars in salary, get a pick and upgrade my forwards....Plus with Schnider here i feel he's ready to be the teams #1 with Chelios and Fisher as #3's and Fahey - Backman #4's and Dandenault a #6 i think my defense is solid if unspectacular.

Please someone tell me who the Nashville GM is.

Jon Burke

After much thought, the league has approved the Forsberg trade. The league realizes that some posters may not be pleased by the decision to let the trade go, but feels that they must remain uninvolved in the trading process and must not meddle. That being said, the league had some severe reservations about passing this trade and commissioner Danrik is considering stepping down and letting someone else, who is a bit less hot-headed, run the league.

Jon Burke

Now that the commissioner has simmered down a bit, he would like to say that he wasn't really serious about stepping down, but rather was just mad at life in general ;)

I'll be sticking around, folks...That's a good thing I hope :)

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I would've approved the trade too. Selanne wouldn't be back. A 4th in a weak draft is nearly worthless. Really, they traded Forsberg to Pittsburgh for Belle, Talbot, Chiodo, and Morosov. That doesn't quite add up in value, but also add in a couple other things. Forsberg is very injury prone. He's struggled over the past few years trying to stay healthy, but anyway, has had great PPG numbers. Then factor in his uncertainty in the NHL. If Forsberg left for Modo, Colorado would have nothing to show for him. This way, they've got quite a bit of talent to show for all parties. It really is Pittsburgh taking the big risk here.

sketchykg

Nov 17, 2003
The Florida Panthers offer Chris Gratton a 2 year $5 million deal (2.5, 2.5).
The Florida Panthers offer Matt Cullen a 2 year $4 million deal (2, 2)
The Florida Panthers offer Christian Berglund a 3 year $2.7 million deal (800K, 900K, 1m)

All moves pending league approval.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Pittsburgh Penguins

have signed:

Milan Kraft to a $4.5M 3 year deal
year 1 - $1.2M
year 2 - $1.5M
year 3 - $1.8M

Teemu Selanne to a $10M 2 year deal
year 1 - $4.5M
year 2 - $5.5M

*pending league approval

Selanne excepted a little less then he made last season with Colorado cuz of the kind of season he ended up having - reg season GP78 G16 A16 PTS32 playoffs GP10 G0 A3 PTS3 - and cuz of the opportunity to play with someone as great as Mario

sketchykg

Nov 17, 2003
The Florida Panthers have offered the following contracts:

Cory Stillman 3 year $11.2 Million (3.5,3.7,4.0)
Kristian Kudric 2 year $1 Million (500K, 500K)
Vaclav Nedorost 2 year $2.5 Million (1.2, 1.3)

All Moves require league approval.

Jon Burke

sketchykg said:
The Florida Panthers offer Chris Gratton a 2 year $5 million deal (2.5, 2.5).
The Florida Panthers offer Matt Cullen a 2 year $4 million deal (2, 2)
The Florida Panthers offer Christian Berglund a 3 year $2.7 million deal (800K, 900K, 1m)

All moves pending league approval.

Approved on all three counts.

Pittsburgh Penguins

have signed:

Milan Kraft to a $4.5M 3 year deal
year 1 - $1.2M
year 2 - $1.5M
year 3 - $1.8M

Teemu Selanne to a $10M 2 year deal
year 1 - $4.5M
year 2 - $5.5M

*pending league approval

Selanne excepted a little less then he made last season with Colorado cuz of the kind of season he ended up having - reg season GP78 G16 A16 PTS32 playoffs GP10 G0 A3 PTS3 - and cuz of the opportunity to play with someone as great as Mario

Approved, as long as Selanne gets a few performance related bonuses thrown in to potentially boost his pay a little.

The Florida Panthers have offered the following contracts:

Cory Stillman 3 year $11.2 Million (3.5,3.7,4.0)
Kristian Kudric 2 year $1 Million (500K, 500K)
Vaclav Nedorost 2 year $2.5 Million (1.2, 1.3)

All Moves require league approval.

Looking good, approved.

I really appreciate that people have made my job easy lately by not trying to cheat the system and offer unfair $$$ to their free agents. Thanks everyone. And one more thing - thanks for being patient with me and for tolerating my mood swings ;)

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The Red wings offer the following players contracts:

Jiri Fischer: 2 yr 3 million dollar deal (1.5 1.5)'
Jamie Rivers: 3 yr 1.5 million dollar deal(450,500,550)
Boyd Deveraux 1 yr 1.8 million dollars

Jon Burke

xtra said:
The Red wings offer the following players contracts:

Jiri Fischer: 2 yr 3 million dollar deal (1.5 1.5)'
Jamie Rivers: 3 yr 1.5 million dollar deal(450,500,550)
Boyd Deveraux 1 yr 1.8 million dollars

You want to keep Deveraux?!? :eek:

Rivers should get at least $467,500 to keep his rights, but if he's in the minors then it doesn't really matter.

The other two offers are fine.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Pittsburgh Penguins

have signed:

Peter Forsberg to a $21M 2 year deal
year 1 - $10M
year 2 - $11M

Tomas Surovy to a $3.7M 4 year deal
year 1 - $450,000
year 2 - $750,000
year 3 - $1M
year 4 - $1.5M

Ramzi Abid to a $2.3M 3 year deal
year 1 - $500,000
year 2 - $750,000
year 3 - $1.1M

*pending league approval

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Toronto Maple Leafs

have signed:

Riku Hahl to a $4.8M 4 year deal
year 1 - $700,000
year 2 - $1M
year 3 - $1.3M
year 4 - $1.8M

Ken Klee to a $1.7M 1 year deal
year 1 - $1.7M

*pending league approval

sketchykg

Nov 17, 2003
The Florida Panthers have signed:

Pavel Trnka to a 2 year $2.3 Million deal (1.1, 1.2)
Eric Beaudoin to a 2 year $1.1 Million deal (550K, 550K)
Mikael Samuelsson to a 2 year $1.3 Million deal (650K, 650K)

All moves require league approval.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Danrik said:
You want to keep Deveraux?!? :eek:

Rivers should get at least $467,500 to keep his rights, but if he's in the minors then it doesn't really matter.

The other two offers are fine.

not that i want to keep him i need to keep him....

Rivers gets a 3 yrs 1.517,500 per year offer(467,000 500,000 550,000)

Jon Burke

sketchykg said:
The Florida Panthers have signed:

Pavel Trnka to a 2 year $2.3 Million deal (1.1, 1.2)
Eric Beaudoin to a 2 year $1.1 Million deal (550K, 550K)
Mikael Samuelsson to a 2 year $1.3 Million deal (650K, 650K)

All moves require league approval.

Approved on all three accounts.

Toronto Maple Leafs

have signed:

Riku Hahl to a $4.8M 4 year deal
year 1 - $700,000
year 2 - $1M
year 3 - $1.3M
year 4 - $1.8M

Ken Klee to a $1.7M 1 year deal
year 1 - $1.7M

Pittsburgh's signings:

Peter Forsberg to a $21M 2 year deal
year 1 - $10M
year 2 - $11M

Tomas Surovy to a $3.7M 4 year deal
year 1 - $450,000
year 2 - $750,000
year 3 - $1M
year 4 - $1.5M

Ramzi Abid to a $2.3M 3 year deal
year 1 - $500,000
year 2 - $750,000
year 3 - $1.1M

*pending league approval

Hahl offer - approved
Klee offer - approved
Forsberg offer - made $11M this year (according to nhlpa.com, need to give him that much to keep his rights, not approved
Surovy offer - approved
Abid offer - approved

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Kings wish to qualify Eric Belanger, Sean Avery, Anson Carter, Mathieu Chouinard, Joe Corvo, Joe Rullier, Jeff Cowan, Ian Laperriere and Lubomir Visnovsky.

The Flyers will qualify Kim Johnsson, Michal Handzus, Todd Fedoruk, Mattias Timander, Branko Radivojevic, Robert Esche and Simon Gagne.

Also both teams are looking to get higher picks in the draft. The Flyers would like to move into the first round 2nd as well, and the Kings are looking to get into the 2nd round.

Jon Burke

go kim johnsson said:
The Kings wish to qualify Eric Belanger, Sean Avery, Anson Carter, Mathieu Chouinard, Joe Corvo, Joe Rullier, Jeff Cowan, Ian Laperriere and Lubomir Visnovsky.

The Flyers will qualify Kim Johnsson, Michal Handzus, Todd Fedoruk, Mattias Timander, Branko Radivojevic, Robert Esche and Simon Gagne.

Also both teams are looking to get higher picks in the draft. The Flyers would like to move into the first round 2nd as well, and the Kings are looking to get into the 2nd round.

Ok

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Danrik said:
Forsberg offer - made $11M this year (according to nhlpa.com, need to give him that much to

Forsberg signed to a $100M (1 year deal) :lol just kidding
Forsberg has signed an $11.1 1 year deal with Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->