Danrik's GM Game - Moves that need approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Burke

TomasPlekanec said:
The Islanders have traded goalie prospect Wade Dubielewicz to Florida for veteran backup Steve Shields. Sorry for the others that gave me a proposal.

The Islanders would also like to announce that they've offered UFA Petr Bondra $3,3 millions contract over 1 year.

Pending league's approval.

The trade is approved by the league, but I'm not so sure Bondra would be willing to take such a paycut. $1.2 M? I don't know about that. Maybe to go to a contender, but no offense to the Isles, but they are not a contender.

Jon Burke

TomasPlekanec said:
What's the penalty if I sign another team RFA before june 20th ? Is it 5 1st rounders ?

Let's say I wanna sign Eric Brewer from EDM, then if Edmonton doesn't match the offer I got him, but I gotta give EDM something like 5 1st rounders ?

I would like to know for sure.. :D

You immediately have to trade that free agent you signed to the Carolina Hurricanes for future considerations...

TomasPlekanec is right, you have to give up up to 5 first round picks for the player depending on what you offer. It's not worth it - make a trade to get the guy.

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
For today's third move, the San Jose Sharks are pleased to announce that they have reached a long-term agreement with their goaltender of the future, Mika Noronen. The contract is a 4 yr 4 million dollar deal, with terms of .75-1-1-1.25 million per year. Management has also assured Noronen that he will be the full time starter at least by year 3 of the deal. Either of the last 2 years may be voided by the player if at least 2 of 3 certain statistical levels are reached at any time during the contract: .920 save percentage, 41 wins, 10 shutouts.

Shark GM ORBluesFan said, "We hope this gives Mika the confidence that he will be our man in the future. We'll give him 25-30 games this year, and if he does as we expect, we'll make him the top guy next year."

Jon Burke

sketchykg said:
The Florida Panthers offer Kenny Jonsson a 4 year deal worth $14.5 million. The deal breaks down as:
Year One: $3.5 Million
Year Two: $3.6 Million
Year Three: $3.7 Million
Year Four: $3.7 Million

Approved.

Kristian Huselius is on his way to Florida for Chris Gratton

Gratton just didn't fit into the plans of the avalanche and they feel that Huselius is a break out year away from being a legitimate top 2 liner

However Gratton will be missed...

pending approval

Nice deal, IMO, but I'm a fan of Huselius, so I'm biased. Approved.

Chicago would like to announce a trade (Pending league approval).

Wendsday afternoon the Blackhawks sent Jim Vandermeer D, and Scott Nichol C
to SJ. In return they receive Alex Korolyuk LW, and Wayne Primeau C.

"We are sad to see Jim and Scotty go, but with our sudden abundance of D, we really needed to get a top 6 winger. We are glad to upgrade the 4th line also, mainly in size, as Nichol is a very hard worker." - said Hawks GM.

To SJ: Vandermeer, Nichol
To Chi: Korolyuk, W.Primeau

Approved.

The Capitals would like to announce the following signings, pending league approval:

D Brendan Witt 5 yr 14.5 m 2.5 2.7 2.9 3.1 3.3
Kip Miller 3 yr 3.3 million 1.0 1.1 1.2
Craig Johnson 1 yr $525,000

Awaiting league approval

All three moves have the league's approval.

The Buffalo Sabres wish to announce the following trade, pending league approval

Mika Noronen and a 2nd in 2004 for Nils Ekman and Vesa Toskala

In addition, the Sabres want to announce they have reached contract agreements with the following group 2 free agents:

Brad Brown 2 yr 1.75 m (825000 and 925000)

JP Dumont 2 yr 3.4 m (1.6 m and 1.8 m)

Jeff Jillson 3 yr 3.6 m (1.1, 1.2, 1.3)

awaiting league approval.

That's four moves. Nice try. But because I don't know when I'll be around again, I'll give all of them a look-see. The trade looks fine, it's approved. The Jillson offer needs to be bumped up just a little to keep Jillson's rights (he has to recieve a 10% pay increase).

For their second move of the day, San Jose has offered a 3 yr 6 million contract to Curtis Brown. Terms of the deal are 1.8-2-2.2 million. "We feel Curtis is a quality forward who can play all 3 positions, gives us great PK and checking, and can fill in on the top 2 lines in a pinch," Sharks GM ORBluesFan said. "He'll get a slight raise over his qualifying number, and gets a longer term contract."

San Jose also announced that newly acquired Jim Vandermeer and Scott Nichol were qualified. Long-term contract talks with Mike Rathje and Mika Noronen are continuing.

Looks good. Approved.

For today's third move, the San Jose Sharks are pleased to announce that they have reached a long-term agreement with their goaltender of the future, Mika Noronen. The contract is a 4 yr 4 million dollar deal, with terms of .75-1-1-1.25 million per year. Management has also assured Noronen that he will be the full time starter at least by year 3 of the deal. Either of the last 2 years may be voided by the player if at least 2 of 3 certain statistical levels are reached at any time during the contract: .920 save percentage, 41 wins, 10 shutouts.

Shark GM ORBluesFan said, "We hope this gives Mika the confidence that he will be our man in the future. We'll give him 25-30 games this year, and if he does as we expect, we'll make him the top guy next year."

Creative negotiating. I like it. The deal looks good and has the league's approval.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I've signed my final two free agents.

Dieter Kochan(UFA) resigned to 2 year, two-way, $500,000 deal. $250,000 each year.

Fedor Fedorov(RFA), resigned to 3 year, two-way, $2.1 million deal. Salaries go like this: $0.6, $0.7, $0.8 million.

Both signings are pending league approval, of course.

Jon Burke

Hercules Rockefeller said:
I've signed my final two free agents.

Dieter Kochan(UFA) resigned to 2 year, two-way, $500,000 deal. $250,000 each year.

Fedor Fedorov(RFA), resigned to 3 year, two-way, $2.1 million deal. Salaries go like this: $0.6, $0.7, $0.8 million.

Both signings are pending league approval, of course.

Approved. So is your signing of Loyns, Desibasha, I'm just too lazy to quote it.

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
Danrik said:
Approved. So is your signing of Loyns, Desibasha, I'm just too lazy to quote it.

lazy lazy...Hopefully the real Commish, isn't lazy when it comes to CBdA... ;)

Jon Burke

Desibasha said:
lazy lazy...Hopefully the real Commish, isn't lazy when it comes to CBdA... ;)

lol let's hope so otherwise it's nhl 2005 for all of next year for me... :shakehead

But don't be too hard on me - I've been pretty diligent. :)

sketchykg

Nov 17, 2003
The Florida Panthers have offered Olli Jokinen a 4 year deal worth $14 Million (3, 3.3, 3.7, 4).

The Florida Panthers have offered Mike Van Ryn a 2 year deal worth $4.5 million (2.2, 2.3)

Both moves need league approval.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Colorado trade pending approval

The avalanche have completed a deal that will change the look of their team and give them a competitive team for the next 10-15 years....

TO PIT:
Peter Forsberg
Teemu Selanne
4th round pick 04'
TO COL:
Maxime Talbot
Shawn Belle
Andy Chiodo
Alexei Morozov

We would like to commend Peter for all his passionate work for our organziation.... he will be missed.. but sometimes things change and our club needed one...

We are currently looking for a legitamate back up as Chiodo will more than likely be the starter in the AHL

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
That's four moves. Nice try. But because I don't know when I'll be around again, I'll give all of them a look-see. The trade looks fine, it's approved. The Jillson offer needs to be bumped up just a little to keep Jillson's rights (he has to recieve a 10% pay increase).
The Buffalo Sabres have announced teh following signings:

D Jeff Jillson to a 3 year, 3.75 m contract 1.2 1.25 1.3
F Mike Grier to a 1 year, 1.95 m contract
F Jochen Hecht to a 3 yr, 5m contract paying 1.6 1.6 1.8

Reports are circulating that Daniel Briere may hold out over a potential increase in his contract. Negotiations continue.

All signings, of course, require league approval.

TomasPlekanec

Apr 17, 2004
Québec
Danrik said:
The trade is approved by the league, but I'm not so sure Bondra would be willing to take such a paycut. $1.2 M? I don't know about that. Maybe to go to a contender, but no offense to the Isles, but they are not a contender.

What the hell are you talking about... I offered him a $3,3 millions contract for 1 year .........

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Toronto Maple Leafs

have signed:
Bryan McCabe to a $19.6M 4 year deal
year 1 - $4.3M
year 2 - $4.8M
year 3 - $5.5M
year 4 - $5M

Eric Brewer to a $16.6M 4 year deal
year 1 - $3.3M
year 2 - $3.8M
year 3 - $4.5M
year 4 - $5M

Patrik Stefan to a $6M 3 year deal
year 1 - $1.5M
year 2 - $2M
year 3 - $2.5M

*pending league approval

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Pittsburgh Penguins

have signed:
Jerome Iginla to a $28.5M 3 year deal
year 1 - $9M
year 2 - $9.5M
year 3 - $10M

Mario Lemieux to a $13.5M 2 year deal
year 1 - $6.5M
year 2 - $7M

Richard Jackman to a $3.4M 3 year deal
year 1 - $800,000
year 2 - $1.2M
year 3 - $1.4M

*pending league approval

sketchykg

Nov 17, 2003
TomasPlekanec said:
What the hell are you talking about... I offered him a $3,3 millions contract for 1 year .........

He means that 1.2 million is the size of the paycut...

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
monster_bertuzzi said:
This bEttER not gEt lEaguE appRoval.

P.S.-SoRRy FoR thE wEiRD wRiting, co8putER is ****ED.

why not? :dunno:

Forsberg is said to be leaving North America and go back to Sweden... play with his Dad in Modo.

A very underrated and young forward in Alexei Morozov and two top prospects in Maxime Talbot & Shawn Belle (and I mean top prospects league-wide not just top in the Penguins organization) and Andy Chiodo a good young goalie that will compete for Colorado's back-up job FOR the rights to an underachieving/overpaid (soon to be UFA) Selanne and a player (a very good one at that - Forsberg) that will leave the NHL at any minute and not regret it.

The more I think about it I might've given up way too much for these guys, although I can live with it.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
rinkrat13 said:
why not? :dunno:

Forsberg is said to be leaving North America and go back to Sweden... play with his Dad in Modo.

A very underrated and young forward in Alexei Morozov and two top prospects in Maxime Talbot & Shawn Belle (and I mean top prospects league-wide not just top in the Penguins organization) and Andy Chiodo a good young goalie that will compete for Colorado's back-up job FOR the rights to an underachieving/overpaid (soon to be UFA) Selanne and a player (a very good one at that - Forsberg) that will leave the NHL at any minute and not regret it.

The more I think about it I might've given up way too much for these guys, although I can live with it.

Talbot and Belle are not coveted league-wide prospects. Ok maybe Belle, but he's a project. Chiodo is a mediocre goalie. True, Morozov is a good young player, but he's what? 28? Not much of a young stud if you ask me.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
is "THE PROPHET" still the Nashville GM because i have sent him a few PM but he hasn't responded at alll and i was wondering if someone else has been named the GM and the other page has not been updated..

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Breaking news from WAOX 105.3 FM, Staunton's "Ox That Rocks"...

The Blues confirm that they have made qualifying offers to the following restricted free agents:

G Jean-Sebastian Aubin (from Pittsburgh in Demitra trade)
D Brooks Orpik (from Pittsburgh in Demitra trade)
G Mikael Tellqvist (from Toronto in Weight/Tkachuk trade)
D Karel Pilar (from Toronto in Weight/Tkachuk trade)
C Nikolai Antropov (from Toronto in Weight/Tkachuk trade)
C Jeff Panzer (from Blues' system)

The Blues also confirm that they will not make qualifying offers to LW Mike Danton, C Jamal Mayers, and D Jame Pollock, thus making them unrestricted free agents as of June 20. Pollock has already signed with a Swedish club.

More signings will be announced as they are completed.

And now, back to the music.

The Ox Rocks... with Pink Floyd...

<< cue opening strains of "Comfortably Numb">>

WAOX 105.3 is a part of the Prussian Blue Media Group

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
After making several big moves over the past few days, some minor contract announcements out of San Jose today:

1) Scott Nichol accepted a 2 yr 1 million dollar deal (.5-.5) - slightly higher than qualifying offer of .4675 to get 2 years locked in.

2) Tom Preissing accepted a 2 yr 1.8 million dollar deal (.9-.9) - slightly higher than qualifying offer of .88 to get 2 years locked in.

3) Jim Vandermeer accepted a 3 yr 1.8 million dollar deal (.5-.6-.7) with a 4th year club option at 1 million.

Talks are still ongoing with Mike Rathje on a long term deal, though talks have reached at least a temporary impasse. Another rumor around the Tank is that the Sharks may sign recently acquired forward prospect Igor Grigorenko to an entry contract and bring him to the US to continue to evaluate his recovery from last year's horrific car wreck.

Jon Burke

TomasPlekanec said:
Blockbuster

To Detroit: Trent Hunter + Christian Backman + NYI's 1st 2004
To Islanders: Nicklas Lidstrom

Now I understand why you were cutting salary ;)

Approved.

I'll get around to approving all the other stuff as soon as I can.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
TomasPlekanec said:
Blockbuster

To Detroit: Trent Hunter + Christian Backman + NYI's 1st 2004
To Islanders: Nicklas Lidstrom

Wow, nice move TomasPlekanec, getting a guy who won 3 straight Norris Trophies for a 25-goal scorer, a middle 1st in a weak draft and a D-man who'll never match Lidstrom in any way, shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->