Danrik's Fantasy Draft - Selections Thread (Rounds 1-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Burke

Malakian#13 said:
First I want to thank the fans here in LA for the hospitality and being the best fans in the world. I'ts to bad we didn't know the draft was starting or else we could have drafted Luongo and Thornton .. To be honest we (I) are a little pissed off about this but hey It's only 1 round . props to barnaby for sending me a pm but I havn't checked recently as I didn't know the draft was starting and I had no picks in bandwaggons draft on the horizon. Regardless of this ....

Los Angeles selects: RW Marian Gaborik
New Jersey selects: G Jose Theodore

Yeah, sorry about that, but you know, we have to keep it going. I felt rather bad, but it can't really be helped. Maybe you'd like to be bumped down in the draft order?

I know it isn't much, but how about I skip putting you down on my list of doom (for those who didn't make their pick on time). You get a freebie, and don't lose one of your warnings. Does that ease the sting a bit?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon Burke

xtra said:
Sorry boys but i realized that ii ahve bitten off more than i can chew. i can no longer continue to do this game (even though i never started) as i only have time for one mock thingy and i decided to do the mock gm game instead of the draft.

That's alright, I've done it once or twice myself... The nice thing about the mock GM game is I don't have to update it as much as this, and I don't really have to do all my moves right this second, so I find I can handle it and this fantasy draft fairly easily.

Shoalzie, you may have the Flames. For the time being, I will be interim GM of the Panthers...

Jon Burke

BTW, this is going at a good pace. Let's try and keep it up huh? Be diligent!

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
Los Angeles is interested in a pick somewhere in the next 5 picks ....

something like

To La: 1st , 6th , 9th
To ?: 2nd , 5th , 7th

that trade woud give the other team 2nd , 2nd ,3rd ,4th , 5th , 5th , 7th, 7th , 8th .

also the 5th and 7th round picks are early round picks.

Last edited:

Jon Burke

nomorekids has had more than enough time.

kovalchuk17atl is now on the clock!

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
The Lightning are proud (and shocked that he's still there) to select

C Peter Forsberg

The Canadiens are also shocked and proud to select

RW Todd Bertuzzi

Jon Burke

kovalchuk17atl said:
The Lightning are proud (and shocked that he's still there) to select

C Peter Forsberg

The Canadiens are also shocked and proud to select

RW Todd Bertuzzi

Good picks. They lasted until now because of $$$ purposes, but hey, they're great players. Just be sure to stay under the cap.

Jon Burke

The Florida Panthers, under interim GM Danrik, are pleased to announce the selection of defenseman Scott Niedermayer. The Panthers are pleased that he lasted until this time and consider him one of the top five defensemen in the NHL. He's got great skating ability with dynamic speed. He can handle the puck better than some forwards and is solid in his own end. He wore the 'C' this year in Stevens' absence, so the Panthers are convinced he's a good leader as well. The Panthers believe they got a great player to build around here and are thrilled that he was available at this slot.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Malakian#13 said:
Los Angeles is interested in a pick somewhere in the next 5 picks ....

something like

To La: 1st , 6th , 9th
To ?: 2nd , 5th , 7th

that trade woud give the other team 2nd , 2nd ,3rd ,4th , 5th , 5th , 7th, 7th , 8th .

also the 5th and 7th round picks are early round picks.

I'm on the clock but I'm interested in making this deal involving this current pick. I'll give Malakian until after the game tonight to get back to me on this possible trade. If not, I'll make a pick later. I need a little time to think about who I want right now anyways. I'll have a pick ready to go around 10:00.

Jon Burke

Shoalzie said:
I'm on the clock but I'm interested in making this deal involving this current pick. I'll give Malakian until after the game tonight to get back to me on this possible trade. If not, I'll make a pick later. I need a little time to think about who I want right now anyways. I'll have a pick ready to go around 10:00.

OK, sounds good. I know you're trustworthy about making picks on time based on other drafts. No rush...

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Danrik said:
OK, sounds good. I know you're trustworthy about making picks on time based on other drafts. No rush...

I've got a handful of names right now and I just sent Malakian a PM about what I plan to do. Hopefully by 10 or so, something will happen. If I don't hear back from him by then, I'll make my pick and maybe we could do a deal involving my second rounder since it comes early on.

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
There's a 99.9999 percent chance that there has been a trade

To LA: 1st , 6th , 9th
To Cal: 2nd , 5th , 7th

The Los Angeles Kings select Goalie Mikka Kiprusoff

Gaborik
Kiprusoff

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Sorry I didn't get back to you right away, I'm fine with the trade and since you've made your pick, we can move on. I was pretty much torn between a few guys at this spot. If Niedermayer wasn't taken in the last pick, I probably would've not made the deal or atleast tried to make the deal with my second round pick instead. He was a guy I wanted but I think the guys I was looking at right now could be there in the second round.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
argh, i thought we were being PMed when our turn was up..and since that didn't happen...i got skipped :(

well, if i could...

Nashville would like to select Ziggy Palffy

and Carolina would like to select Tomas Vokoun

Jon Burke

nomorekids said:
argh, i thought we were being PMed when our turn was up..and since that didn't happen...i got skipped :(

well, if i could...

Nashville would like to select Ziggy Palffy

and Carolina would like to select Tomas Vokoun

Well, you should take the no PM business up with the person who picked in front of you. What can I do about it?

In any case, you got two good players.

monster_bertuzzi is still on the clock!

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I would've sent a PM but since it wasn't my pick anymore, I didn't. It doesn't hurt to check the draft every once in a while anyways in case no one contacts you when your turn is up. Also, it's good to keep up with it in case someone wants to make a trade.

Jon Burke

monster_bertuzzi said:
Colorado Avalanche select Martin Havlat

That's it. Get out. You broke the most important rule - not taking the player that the commish wants to take with his next pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->