Player Discussion Daniel Pribyl

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
From reading others comment on his play, it sounds like he may be too slow for the NHL. Hope they are wrong, welcome aboard Daniel!

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
From reading others comment on his play, it sounds like he may be too slow for the NHL. Hope they are wrong, welcome aboard Daniel!

That seems to be an opinion that was generally formed from years past. His recent production would seem to indicate that he made major improvements in all area's of his game.

We will just have to wait and see how he looks once healthy. I trust our pro scouts.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That seems to be an opinion that was generally formed from years past. His recent production would seem to indicate that he made major improvements in all area's of his game.

We will just have to wait and see how he looks once healthy. I trust our pro scouts.

I'm going to go ahead and trust the internet forum posters. They have time and time again demonstrated a keen ability to both scout, make judgements and form unbiased opinions.

Wait...

Wait for it...

:sarcasm:

In all seriousness, this is a big boy. If he ends up being a bottom 6'er, or AHL standout, I'd be happy :laugh:

May 27, 2012
Earth
Okay, seriously, that pun was Turrrpribyl.

giphy.gif

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
If he turns out to be anything like Joonas Donskoi, who the descriptions seem to match, that's an excellent addition.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
If he turns out to be anything like Joonas Donskoi, who the descriptions seem to match, that's an excellent addition.

Donskoi's development took a huge leap in the last couple of years, so if the scouting reports are a bit old they probably dont match his current performance that much.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Donskoi's development took a huge leap in the last couple of years, so if the scouting reports are a bit old they probably dont match his current performance that much.

I've been really impressed with Donskoi in SJ games. Never heard of him before this year. Plus, he's Ortio's long lost cousin by the looks of it.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Darren Haynes talked to Treliving about Pribyl and published the interview on his site:

http://www.flamesfrom80feet.ca/2016/04/tightrope-pribyl-signing-leaves-gm.html

In which Treliving takes excessive care to temper expectations, dismisses the notion Pribyl can't skate, and describes him as a tall lanky guy with soft hands and good vision.

Sounds like Treliving half-expects him to spend a season in Stockton.

He said very similar things about Janko when we signed him: he's not going to come in and save the franchise, he'll probably spend time in the minors, we like what he has, etc.

Last edited:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
"I used to be a prospect like you, then I took puck to the knee."

He had knee surgery in the pre-season (again?), and was supposed to return - usually about a 6 month recovery.

Can't find any info on him now, what's the news on this kid?

Hopefully the surgeries were on different knees, otherwise he's probably done.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

He had knee surgery in the pre-season (again?), and was supposed to return - usually about a 6 month recovery.

Pribabyl* done.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

Pretty sure he spent the whole year on IR. Didn't expect much to begin with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->