Daniel Bertram vs Kendal McCardle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Pretty hard question; Personaly, I really like Bertram and I'm sure he's gonna be draft in the second round. McCardle: I feel he's gonna be a late first round pick. Bertram reminds me a lot of Mike Comrie. McCardle will be a solid second line player. Bertram? Depends where's gonna go and which team will draft him. I think McCardle will be a better pick. But who knows...

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
I think Bertrams numbers in Boston speak for themselves. They werent anywhere near where they shoulda been for an offensive player. I do however think he has alot more to offer. His u-18 tournament was relatively strong, he showed a heck of alot of drive and speed there and actually opened my eyes to him a bit more. Id take a chance on Bertram mid-late second round but hed have to fall a bit for me to take him later than his projection.

Mcardle Ive only seen 2-3 times at most and all of those times he was a hard worker. Both of these two players are hard workers but I think I like Mcardle alot more. Mcardle seems to have a bit more "bite" to him and some more punch I think. Hed be the pick of the two Id take.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Eb0la11 said:
I think Bertrams numbers in Boston speak for themselves.

I've heard many people familiar with his situation attribute his weak numbers more to age, ice time, linemates, and other factors not related to his talent level. By the way, I am not someone who is familiar with his situation.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I've heard Bertram, along with Cogliano is one of the best skaters of the draft.

I'd take Bertram.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Bertram, and I feel is speed, grit and hands will translate well in the big leagues. He'll be picked in he first round.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I like Bertram's skills, but I think that the WHL gives McCardle an edge because of the physicality. Personally, I'd like to see if Danny can come play for the Giants next year, because it might make for a better comparison.

jeffbrown

Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Yes, I've heard that about Bertram too. The coach at BC apparently doesn't give alot of prime ice to the freshmen. And Bertram is actually one of the youngest freshmen to come along in awhile at 17/18 in his first year.

Agree that I'd like to see what he could do with the Giants.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
jeffbrown said:
Yes, I've heard that about Bertram too. The coach at BC apparently doesn't give alot of prime ice to the freshmen. And Bertram is actually one of the youngest freshmen to come along in awhile at 17/18 in his first year.

Wasn't this the reason Pineault jumped ship?

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I don't know either player as well as I'd like, but my "hunch" feeling about them is that Bertram might have a bigger upside, more room to grow, whereas McArdle will always battle it out, but might ultimately be more limited. Either could end up being better than the other, but they will look more and more different as players as they progress, if they both live up to their potential. If you want a true battler, maybe McArdle. If you want a battler with a bit of upside to be more dynamic, maybe Bertram. :dunno:

JJ24

Jul 1, 2002
Visit site
rt said:
I've heard many people familiar with his situation attribute his weak numbers more to age, ice time, linemates, and other factors not related to his talent level. By the way, I am not someone who is familiar with his situation.

Age, yes. But linemates and icetime? No way. He spent the early part of the season on a line with senior All-Americans Eaves and Shannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad