Denmark: Danes in NHL 2015-16

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Why not? He's doing fine in AHL and Rags have the worst prospect pool in NHL.

Maybe now, but certainly not in the first 4 years in AHL. I dont know what happened to Jensen in this time frame, but there is a million guys with his talent and not least his effort. If his skills isnt showing each game I would be very reluctant to extend him with the rumors of his work ethics. This is all speculation as nobody really knows what is going on with him.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Maybe now, but certainly not in the first 4 years in AHL. I dont know what happened to Jensen in this time frame, but there is a million guys with his talent and not least his effort. If his skills isnt showing each game I would be very reluctant to extend him with the rumors of his work ethics. This is all speculation as nobody really knows what is going on with him.

I don't say he's gonna play in recular role in NHL next year, but Rags have so poor prospect pool that even Jensen is their top 5 prospect right now which is pretty pathetic.

Jensen's shot to make NHL is very small, but given Rags position I can see them to sign him for one more year.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I think there is a slight chance he gets another shot, only because of the nature of his trade. it was a straight up trade except with a 6th round pick in 2017 included..if it was part of a bigger trade or a higher pick, then i would not be cautiously optimistic.
There must have other options on the table when they negotiated that trade with VAN .

i had given up on him 100% but someone in New York must have seen something to decide on him.
so far he has played pretty well so would not completely rule it out.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
You get a sense that Colorado is hammering down on the selfdestruct button, although Bødkers production has been decent so far...they seem to like him on the boards despite s lot of concern that he night not resign...i personally think he will..i dont think money is his main morivation...he certainly looks happy on the ice.
Still a little frustrating because you feel like he has the ability to dominate every shift but just doesnt. He is playing a lot better than for arizona.

Ehlers is back with the goals and freddy got an ot victory

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
You get a sense that Colorado is hammering down on the selfdestruct button, although Bødkers production has been decent so far...they seem to like him on the boards despite s lot of concern that he night not resign...i personally think he will..i dont think money is his main morivation...he certainly looks happy on the ice.
Still a little frustrating because you feel like he has the ability to dominate every shift but just doesnt. He is playing a lot better than for arizona.

Ehlers is back with the goals and freddy got an ot victory

In my opinion Bødker needs to go to a contending team next season. He is entering his prime and he can not wait another 3-4 years before Colorado is ready. Hell, I am not even sure they got the right coach to be honest. I was watching some of the game on saturday and with 10 minutes remaining and Minnesota leading 3-0, Roy pulls the goalie in a powerplay. Granted, Avs had not been playing great the first 50 minutes, but what a gigantic ****up.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Short but rough night for Freddie. Entered the game about midway through the 2nd period with Anaheim up 5-0, after Gibson got a bit of a knock. Andersen proceeded to let in 3 goals on 5 shots the rest of the period before Gibson got back in the net at the start of the 3rd period... Ironically, if he hadn't made the two saves, he would have gotten the W. :)

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016
I'm gonna guess no. But he'll properly be close though.

Wonder if Lars Eller or Mikkel Bødker will get there.

I would also guess it could be close, Jannik Hansen might also be close. He is almost 2 years younger than frans, and only 70 games behind. Mikkel and Lars are even more likely.

Player games age
Frans Nielsen 600 31,96
Jannik Hansen 530 30,07
Mikkel Bødker 457 26,31
Lars Eller 436 26,92

If we assume they can keep on playing 70 games a season ( most of them have been higher, but they are getting older) they will reach 1000 games at the following ages:
Frans Nielsen 37,7
Jannik Hansen 36,8
Mikkel Bødker 34,1
Lars Eller 35,0

Mikkel Bødker seems like the most likely candidate, and apart from his spleen injury he has been almost injury free so far, so he might get there faster with a few 82 games seasons

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I would also guess it could be close, Jannik Hansen might also be close. He is almost 2 years younger than frans, and only 70 games behind. Mikkel and Lars are even more likely.

Player games age
Frans Nielsen 600 31,96
Jannik Hansen 530 30,07
Mikkel Bødker 457 26,31
Lars Eller 436 26,92

If we assume they can keep on playing 70 games a season ( most of them have been higher, but they are getting older) they will reach 1000 games at the following ages:
Frans Nielsen 37,7
Jannik Hansen 36,8
Mikkel Bødker 34,1
Lars Eller 35,0

Mikkel Bødker seems like the most likely candidate, and apart from his spleen injury he has been almost injury free so far, so he might get there faster with a few 82 games seasons

This was exactly the calculation I felt like doing if I weren't busy :laugh: Great to see it - I was going by Frans having to play 80 games for five seasons to get there. I don't think he's in the league for five seasons or plays 80 games a season from here on out. But I agree he'll properly make it close.

Can you do Ehlers to? Just because he should crush the rest if he stays at his current trajectory.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
In my opinion Bødker needs to go to a contending team next season. He is entering his prime and he can not wait another 3-4 years before Colorado is ready. Hell, I am not even sure they got the right coach to be honest. I was watching some of the game on saturday and with 10 minutes remaining and Minnesota leading 3-0, Roy pulls the goalie in a powerplay. Granted, Avs had not been playing great the first 50 minutes, but what a gigantic ****up.

'Sure that would be great, but will a contending team play him 4,75 or 5.something? Boedker brings top line speed, and top line potential but he doesnt bring top line production...

Im not sure how much better situation he could be in.

But i agree soooo much about Patrick Roy...He is a bafoon, and its a disgrace that anybody would hire him after his antics in junior hockey....This is a man who send his son down the ice to assault an opposing goaltender who obviously did not want to fight(Son was taken to court)..

He has no place in the NHL as a coach..

But we could always hope that they tank again, and fire him(Might even do it after this season) because they do have tons young of talent in that club.

This was exactly the calculation I felt like doing if I weren't busy :laugh: Great to see it - I was going by Frans having to play 80 games for five seasons to get there. I don't think he's in the league for five seasons or plays 80 games a season from here on out. But I agree he'll properly make it close.

Can you do Ehlers to? Just because he should crush the rest if he stays at his current trajectory.

Ehlers will be on the first line from the beginning next year...if his career goes well, he will crush not just in amount of games but in every category.

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016
Ehlers will be on the first line from the beginning next year...if his career goes well, he will crush not just in amount of games but in every category.

Bødker did play the same year he was drafted ( not so much the next 2 years) apart from that it is mainly the shortened season and the spleen injury that have kept him out. I would say it is way to early to predict how many games and how fast he will play them for Ehlers and if he will be the youngest Dane to reach1000 games ( I would like to see the first one reach them, before I would consider it a race). This years injury was more or less impossible to predict, But the rest of the season does indeed look promising for the rest of his career

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
'Sure that would be great, but will a contending team play him 4,75 or 5.something? Boedker brings top line speed, and top line potential but he doesnt bring top line production...

Don't worry, I'm pretty confident he'll be an Islander next season :naughty:
But either way he will bring top line production be it with Tavares or Duchene, - hell he already is with Duchene.
I wouldn't focus on those $ rumours, I don't think that will decide where he plays and there simply isn't enough games left for him to really run up his price tag.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
bjørkstrand continues point streak with a goal and assist...the goal was a bit of luck but the assist was great work..poke check to break up an attack and win the puck and a great read on the little quick pass.

very impressive start to his nhl career.

Don't worry, I'm pretty confident he'll be an Islander next season :naughty:
But either way he will bring top line production be it with Tavares or Duchene, - hell he already is with Duchene.
I wouldn't focus on those $ rumours, I don't think that will decide where he plays and there simply isn't enough games left for him to really run up his price tag.

lets see...would be interesting.:yo:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
From the recap of the game on NHL.com it is a concussion, I have no idea about when he got it or how serious it is. Just hoping the best for him

Lindholm hit him in the head with his skate in the game against Calgary where he came in in the second period.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Andersen back with a bang. SO in his first game back, and 2nd star.

Freddy and Gibson, also won the Jennings trophy.

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Andersen back with a bang. SO in his first game back, and 2nd star.

Freddy and Gibson, also won the Jennings trophy.

Wonder if BB is going to continue with the rotation of the goalies in the playoffs. If not I suspect BB to go with Gibson. They needs to see where he is under pressure before trading Andersen at the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->