Danault traded in the QMJHL to Moncton

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Moncton looks like a better team this year. Seems this would only be good for Danault's development.

Sucks for him though. I know he loved Victoriaville.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
hmmm ... hopefully it's just Victoriaville making this move for future improvement - essentially writing off this season. The fact that Danault was captain should indicate this trade wasn't made for personality issues, I hope.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Moncton traded Gabriel Gagne, 2 first round picks (2014, 2015), and a 2015 second for just Danault.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Dunno much about the Q, but that seems like a great return.

I'm in the same boat as you. Been trying to find out more.

Today is the trade deadline in the Q. Victoriaville is in 12th place, so they decided to punch the rebuild button and trade their captain and hometown hero. Moncton is loading up for a playoff run.

I'm no expert on the Q, but that all sounds like it can only be positive for Danault's development.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
Moncton sold the farm for this kid. I know there's a lot of talk as to what Saint John is going to do with Hubredeau, cause SJ would get a huge pay day. Teams are reluctant though cause he may jump to the NHL in a month or whatever.

From what i understand he(Danault) can only stay in junior or go straight to the NHL(no Rockford). I can't see him getting called up this year.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
It was widely speculated that Danault would be traded. I thought, and hoped, that Halifax would trade for him, but Moncton's not a bad team. This is Danault's last junior season and no, he cannot play in the AHL until the end of his Junior team's season. If the Hawks bring him in for training camp and he makes the team, then that's a different story. Don't see that happening though, not this year at least.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
It was widely speculated that Danault would be traded. I thought, and hoped, that Halifax would trade for him, but Moncton's not a bad team. This is Danault's last junior season and no, he cannot play in the AHL until the end of his Junior team's season. If the Hawks bring him in for training camp and he makes the team, then that's a different story. Don't see that happening though, not this year at least.

Yeah no one is touching the Mooseheads this year.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Isn't it silly to trade that much for Danault when he will be getting called up to the NHL eventually?

It's not clear if Chicago will even be bringing any Junior players to training camp, like Danault and McNeill, but even if they do, I doubt Chicago burns a year off of Danault's ELC just so he can centre Chicago's 4th line. Danault may come up for training camp, but I have little doubt he'll be sent back to Junior and finish his Junior career before being recalled to Rockford at the end of Moncton's season (including playoffs)

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's not clear if Chicago will even be bringing any Junior players to training camp, like Danault and McNeill, but even if they do, I doubt Chicago burns a year off of Danault's ELC just so he can centre Chicago's 4th line. Danault may come up for training camp, but I have little doubt he'll be sent back to Junior and finish his Junior career before being recalled to Rockford at the end of Moncton's season (including playoffs)

I tend to agree but I'm not so sure of Q's thoughts. I think Danault could be better than what we have as a 4th line centerman immediately, but the shortened season likely means he doesn't get a serious look... and since we will not win the SC, it's probably best to not rush him.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
hmmm ... hopefully it's just Victoriaville making this move for future improvement - essentially writing off this season. The fact that Danault was captain should indicate this trade wasn't made for personality issues, I hope.

Victoriaville is going nowhere this season. Danault is 19 and will begin his professional career once this season is over. So it's better for them to trade him to a contender and get a great return that will allow them to be competitive in the near future.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Isn't it silly to trade that much for Danault when he will be getting called up to the NHL eventually?

He would have to beat out Hayes and Shaw for a spot just to be the 12th forward. I really doubt the Hawks waste a year on Danault's ELC.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
no reason to call up Danault. He isn't better than other young guys we have right now and wasting this year makes no sense. Let him finish this year in the Q and see how he does.

Hewy

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
In CHL terms, thats a pretty big haul for a guy like Danault, will definitely benefit both teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad