Tribute Danault appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I'll admit, I was a huge fan of Danault and was beyond bummed that we lost him in the offseason. I looked at his stats today.,

Soooo....he's first amongst LAK with 68% 5v5 on-ice GF% (26-12). Astonishing share of on-ice high danger chances over 70%. He's more productive then Kopitar at 5v5. And I'm sure he still does this while facing opposing top lines.

In retrospect, is it fair to say :

1) He's a high quality second line center (as in the 5v5, second line). Only 4 teams have 2 centers with more 5v5 points this year then Danault. For those saying it's a small sample size, between 18-19 and 20-21 he comes 23rd in the league for 5v5 points, which is only 3 ranks below his current season.

2) He was not a product of Gallagher like many claimed

3) 5.5M cap hit is far from expensive for a player like him

4) Amongst all our losses this offseason, he's the costliest, above Weber and regular season wise even mor impactful then Price who posted league average stats these past seasons.

Do you guys agree with those statements? For the perpetual Danault haters of the last few seasons in here, are his performances with the Kings changing your opinion on him?

Cheers

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I’d have kept him if Gally in hindsight, but I also don’t care anymore. Hopefully the pizza is good in LA and homeless people don’t steal stuff from his car too often.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hahahaha!
Well, this one is certainly better than the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00