Dana Tyrell named to Team Canada - anyone else?

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
The PG Cougars forward will be heading over to Russia with Team Canada.[/QUOTE

The 5 Ontario players I know who will be playing for Canada are Tavares, Gagner, Doughty, Legein and Josh Godfrey (who could surprise a lot of people). I believe there are more Ontario based players who will be playing for Canada but these are the names I have heard so far. Keep in mind they are only taking 26 players and are not holding a tryout camp.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
They must have wanted an equal number of 'checking line' type players as 'scoring line' players. If they were picking for top talent, no question Stamkos and Couture would replace some of those players named.

They were obvioulsy building a versatile team, rather than a collection of the best offensive weapons.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm surprised that the roster has so many '07's on it, especially among the forwards. From the 23 forwards/defense only 5 are from the '06 draft.

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Claude Giroux and Ty Wishart :handclap::handclap:

The Habs should've take the offensive Wizard Claude Giroux last year when they had the chance instead of the enigma David Fischer... :help:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Claude Giroux and Ty Wishart :handclap::handclap:

The Habs should've take the offensive Wizard Claude Giroux last year when they had the chance instead of the enigma David Fischer... :help:

You're right, Fischer is an enigma...to you. Your viewing sample of Fischer is as small as your viewing sample of Giroux is large. Besides, we're talking about two differant players who play two very differant positions from two very differant hockey playing and developing backgrounds.

Last edited:

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Why? Cause he has a french name?

No because he is an offensive Wizard and will be a star in the NHL.

Can you say the same about Fischer being a future star in his position ?! He looks more like a suspect than a prospect at this moment. Don't think that your smart by saying this comment.
I know that Giroux is not a "Québecois" :shakehead

Giroux is the best Player in the LHJMQ at this moment and I've watch him play over 15 times this year in Gatineau. He will win the scoring title next year, you can mark my words. This guy is all about heart and Character. He never takes a shift off. Add theses attributes to his elite set of skills and you got an offensive dynamo like Claude Giroux. He was my pick last year for the Habs and still think the Habs made a big mistake by not taking him.

He was picked to be in Team Canada before players like Francois Bouchard, Mathieu Perreault and James Sheppard (from the LHJMQ also) who are very good players too. It tells you alot about how good Claude Giroux is. Shame that the Habs pass on him. :shakehead

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
I'm surprised Mark Katic isn't there as well, and Couture.

I am very surprised guys like Sheppard, White, Holzapfel, Maxwell, Matthias, MacLean, Bouchard, Perrault, etc. did not get named.

Lucic is a waste, so are Wishart and Ellerbey. Tyrell is good, but I would have taken some of the other guys ahead of him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No because he is an offensive Wizard and will be a star in the NHL.

Can you say the same about Fischer being a future star in his position ?! He looks more like a suspect than a prospect at this moment. Don't think that your smart by saying this comment.
I know that Giroux is not a "Québecois" :shakehead

Giroux is the best Player in the LHJMQ at this moment and I've watch him play over 15 times this year in Gatineau. He will win the scoring title next year, you can mark my words. This guy is all about heart and Character. He never takes a shift off. Add theses attributes to his elite set of skills and you got an offensive dynamo like Claude Giroux. He was my pick last year for the Habs and still think the Habs made a big mistake by not taking him.

He was picked to be in Team Canada before players like Francois Bouchard, Mathieu Perreault and James Sheppard (from the LHJMQ also) who are very good players too. It tells you alot about how good Claude Giroux is. Shame that the Habs pass on him. :shakehead

Mmm, because the QMJHL is such a hard league to score in. :shakehead:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->