Waived: Dan Paille

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
The Moore/Paille duo has been awful on the PK... like real crap. They have good form as skaters but both lost their steps so you see the results.

On Tanner, I wouldn't call him the 10th best forward on the team... but he hasn't been noticeable 5v5 and I mean that in a good way.

Going back to Paille.... he gave a good few games, I'll give him some credit since the Rangers 5v5 play with him allowed a 4 line rotation at even strength.... yes the possession numbers were really bad, but he didn't hurt the team for his first few games.

But the last half dozen games, especially on the PK.... just not good enough.

Dom Moore getting a notice is a good thing, I think his game has slipped, not off a cliff mind you... but it's slipped.

I'm beginining to question whether they ask Dom Moore to waive his NMC for a trade and the Rangers ice a new 4th line.

Kreider-Step-Nash
Miller-Brass-Zucc
Buch-Hayes-Trade
Trade-Lindberg-Fast

With both trade options being PK 3rd/4th Line guys.

The Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg line's been good.. so I don't know if you wanna mess with that chemistry either... and Buch is an unknown at this point:

Kreider-Step-Nash
Miller-Brass-Zucc
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Trade-Moore-Fast

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
The Moore/Paille duo has been awful on the PK... like real crap. They have good form as skaters but both lost their steps so you see the results.

On Tanner, I wouldn't call him the 10th best forward on the team... but he hasn't been noticeable 5v5 and I mean that in a good way.

Going back to Paille.... he gave a good few games, I'll give him some credit since the Rangers 5v5 play with him allowed a 4 line rotation at even strength.... yes the possession numbers were really bad, but he didn't hurt the team for his first few games.

But the last half dozen games, especially on the PK.... just not good enough.

Dom Moore getting a notice is a good thing, I think his game has slipped, not off a cliff mind you... but it's slipped.

I'm beginining to question whether they ask Dom Moore to waive his NMC for a trade and the Rangers ice a new 4th line.

Kreider-Step-Nash
Miller-Brass-Zucc
Buch-Hayes-Trade
Trade-Lindberg-Fast

With both trade options being PK 3rd/4th Line guys.

The Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg line's been good.. so I don't know if you wanna mess with that chemistry either... and Buch is an unknown at this point:

Kreider-Step-Nash
Miller-Brass-Zucc
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Trade-Moore-Fast

When i read the quote i thought that it might mean they were looking to move Moore.
Glass will be on this roster until AV leaves... :(

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
85915-Wendell-Pierce-gif-lWN2.gif

Dude is really starting to lose it.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
When i read the quote i thought that it might mean they were looking to move Moore.
Glass will be on this roster until AV leaves... :(

You know Chicago re-altered their 4th line at the deadline last year and it worked for them.

They need guys to fill that PK and lead protection role and they don't have that. Haven't had it all year. Too many goals given up at the final minutes of periods too....

Dom Moore's been out for those...

It's not a small sample size either, I think they really do overhaul that 4th line unit.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Interesting tidbit from the Cerny article....

Megna isn't really viewed as a 4th line option. More of a top 9 filler.

Could be Bourque... could be Hrivik.

RyBo gives them speed and hustle... he's responsible too. He'll close the gap on a lot of players quickly and force turnovers.

Hrivik isn't as fast but he's more versatile, bigger, and can protect the puck and battle the boards... also plays Center too. Has some playmaking ability too.

Last year the HFD team made a run without RyBo who was a black ace with the Rangers in the playoffs.

Both teams lost in the Eastern Finals. Hrivik was an everyday player for HFD taking on checking assignments.

BarbaraAlphanse

Poor Paille is in Zuccs "2nd family" Insta from today.

Savage.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The thing is Glass has definitely been better than Paille, that much I can agree with.

But AV saying he's also been better than Dom is just insane. Complete insanity.

But he didn't say he was better than Moore--that's just how you and others are parsing it. What he said is he's satisfied with the way Tanner has played and FWIW Dominic Moore has struggled this year and even before Tanner came back from Hartford.

They've been playing on the same line but their roles are different. Moore's a face-off defensive minded penalty killing center with some offense. His offense hasn't been great and his penalty killing hasn't been great. Glass's role is more of a hitting and forechecking role--with odd shifts pk'ing and the occasional defending of a teammate. He's pretty much done that and leads the team in hits now. Moore is without any doubt a better player but as far as doing their actual job assignments Glass has been fulfilling his requirement better.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Ron Duguay ‏@RonDuguay10 11m11 minutes ago
I saw that coming 2 weeks ago ,TOO soft a player !

What a savage.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
fyi per NYR site, Hrivik size is up
MAREK HRIVIK R 6' 2" 205 AUG 28, 1991

sites like HockeyDB and EliteProspects dont update that year to year

also he is up 2d in team in scoring
(true, in more games than Megna, Gibbons)
his 20 assists lead the team

HFD is a low scoring team, only the 2 worst AHL teams score significantly less

he can play C or W, play both ways

i hope its him, its time to find out

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I guess I'm the only one not reading that he said tanner was better than Dom.

For what's expected from each guy tanner is doing more than Dom. However different things are expected from different players. Tanner is playing HIS role better than Dom is playing HIS.

That's all I see and I don't disagree.

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I don't really get the Moore issues. He's been good for his role IMO and has added some wacky flashes of offensive skill.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Finally
Hrivik will be called up is what I heard
But a couple of trades are in the works
Not happy with what I heard but there was a lot of booze in question
Ask me 2morrow

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I could see Hrivik or Jensen getting the call. Both are bigger bodies and can help establish a boards playing, grinding 4th line.

I'm extremely curious to see what BBKers has to say after his black coffee tomorrow morning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad