Injury Report: Dan Girardi hit by puck to the head (DTD) | cleared | LBI (DTD) | cleared

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Detroit fan coming in peace, was at the game the other night and saw the shot pretty square on.

Just was wondering how he is doing and hoping he gets better soon. That was very scary, and lucky at the same time. A lot could have gone wrong there...

Get well Dan
All tests were negative and he was at morning skate so I guess he's okay. Said his arm went numb for a bit though. Scary.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Dan Girardi feels ‘lucky’ to be okay after taking shot in neck
"Very scary moment," Girardi said. "It was definitely a weird feeling. Just kind of hurt everywhere. My arm was numb. Not sure if there was any damage. It was just a wait and see. But I got really lucky."
But Girardi said this scare won't change how he approaches his game, or his specialty of blocking shots, if he gets back in there tonight.
"You can't," Girardi said. "If that starts creeping in, you've got to rethink what you're doing. Especially blocking shots, you can't think twice about any play. The game is so fast. It's going to be just another day if I play today. I'll go out and do the same thing."

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Give the guy some rest so he's ready for the playoffs. Sustr is more than fine when he's with Coburn. Would like to see him and Koekkoek get more minutes though, maybe build up some more trade value. There's a few teams in need of a bottom pair RD, move Sustr for a pick especially if we might move a pick for a defenseman.

Reactions: Prairie Oyster

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4