Injury Report: Dan Girardi (Hip Flexor - more than "day to day")

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
That's no bueno. Wonder what the diagnosis will be once they get a better look at it in the morning/back in NYC.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Girardi'll just rub some dirt on it and be back good as new for Monday's game.

Seriously though, he was horrendous in the 1st period tonight.

TheLowKreider

Aug 4, 2009
Glad McI will be back in the lineup. Right? Nah probably not.

72452209.jpg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I would say that that should improve the Rangers. But knowing AV he buys into the Pierre garbage of him being a warrior and thinks he's great, so he'll rush him back to play. I don't wish injury on him but we're a better team without him and wish he'd be a healthy scratch.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If it requires surgery, we might be able to Have good team RHD in general to show AV and mgmt that it's time to put Girardi out of his role and sit him until they can buy him out

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
But you can go 10-0 400-0 shot on goal and warrior dan Girardi will be back regardless to take someone's spot.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
How long would he be out for in that situation?

I have no idea if that's how hip flexor injuries work :laugh: I am just irked at the game and thinking out loud here. This is a great opportunity to have AV play better guys and get it through his head that Girardi is not okay anymore.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
How long would he be out for in that situation?

- grade one hip flexor strain recovery time is one to two weeks. Minor strain requiring rest and the conventional RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation)
^I'm guessing the above is what Girardi has^

- grade two hip flexor strain recovery time is two to four weeks.

- grade three hip flexor strain (a complete hip-flexor tear usually with extreme pain and loss of muscle function) recovery time is six to eight weeks, usually after surgery and physiotherapy rehabilitation

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
hip flexors are nagging. Lower body mobility goes out the window if there's a nagging issue. That plus girardis already poor mobility is the creation of a nightmare. Like the three or however many horsemen of the apocalypse and all of them are dan Girardi. Vigny said it was more than day to day and requires imaging so I'm guessing a month maybe. Regardless of how many weeks he's out, that's also a slow recovery process to get from game ready to truly healthy. With Girardi, that can't be good.
Decided not to play doctor :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->