Speculation: damir Zhafyarov

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
was named one of 3 finalists for KHL MVP 21G 40 A in 58 games. there was talk he might sign in Chicago with Shalunov (hawks own his rights) who let the KHL in playoff goals with 12 in 22 and had 18 G in 52 games Reg season. Damir is probably the big KHL fish this off season. Damir would be a 1 year ELC and shalunov can do any length and term. I wonder if hawks dont agree wtih Shalunov if another team trades for his rights. what would teams trade to the hawks to get both one on a ELC and the other on a 1/2 year deal maybe around 1.5 range

Last edited:

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Impressive numbers but at 5 foot 9 and 27 years old I don’t think their will be a nhl future for him. I’m assuming he’s a 1 dimensional offensive player and would need a top 6 role to succeed. Does anyone have a scouting report on this guy I’ve never seen him play.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Yup, if he were to sign he'd get a 1 year ELC. Roman Cervenka was 27 when signed his max ELC with Calgary in 2012. I think mouser dug out the CBA clause in a different thread and a European player would have to be 29 (or older) to not sign and ELC as his first contract. Vadim Shipachyov and Evgeny Medvedev as examples off the top of my head.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Yup, if he were to sign he'd get a 1 year ELC. Roman Cervenka was 27 when signed his max ELC with Calgary in 2012. I think mouser dug out the CBA clause in a different thread and a European player would have to be 29 (or older) to not sign and ELC as his first contract. Vadim Shipachyov and Evgeny Medvedev as examples off the top of my head.

thanks,
i got back to my desk and was able to track down the clause in the CBA

COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT BETWEEN NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE AND NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE PLAYERS' ASSOCIATION - FEBRUARY 15, 2013

ARTICLE 9
ENTRY LEVEL COMPENSATION
9.1 (c) "Notwithstanding the chart set forth in (b) above, a Player who at the time he was
drafted was playing for a team outside North America or who meets the qualifications set forth in
Article 8.4(a)(v) (a "European Player") who signs his first SPC at ages 25-27 shall be subject to
the Entry Level System for one (1) year.
A European Player who signs his first SPC at age 28 or
older is not subject to the Entry Level System under any circumstances."

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad